Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Scottish Records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AndyTG

AndyTG Report 12 Nov 2013 13:39

Removed

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 12 Nov 2013 13:57

ScotlandsPeople which is not a sub site and you need to buy credits

But you can not view on that site births within the last 100 years, marriages in the last 75 years or deaths within the last 50 years

BUT it would give you the details needed to order the cert

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 12 Nov 2013 14:02

Getting one hit for a male Boulton to a female McSorley in 1973 but I have not got any spare credits to use on it

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 12 Nov 2013 14:48

Credits on Scotlands people cost £7.00 for 30

For the other countries.........try

https://familysearch.org/

mgnv

mgnv Report 12 Nov 2013 18:40

An extract that recent costs 12GBP - from 1972, marr extracts contain birthplaces of the couple.

AndyTG

AndyTG Report 12 Nov 2013 19:18

Thank you for the reply's. I found the date of the marriage from their son 3/3/1973. But I can at least search back further if required and go in search of the Mathias, Boulton wedding next. :-)

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 15 Nov 2013 16:08

Where and when (roughly) do you think the Mathias/Boulton marriage was?

I don't see any in Scotland, but there are a couple of possibles (depending on timescale) in England.

Mathias/Bolton in 1985, though Mr Mathias's first name certainly isn't German,
and
Matthias/Boulton in 2005 - doesn't look German, either.

AndyTG

AndyTG Report 15 Nov 2013 19:27

Removed