Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Error 503 - Service Unavailable

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AndyTG

AndyTG Report 1 Dec 2013 14:51

I am unable to access Genes Reunited search or message boards on my main desktop and getting Error 503. Everything else on my desk top is working fine, I have posted this from my sons desktop that has no access problems for my account. His machine is still refusing to install a Microsoft 7 patch update, so wonder if this is a possible cause or has anybody any other suggestions? :-(

KenSE

KenSE Report 1 Dec 2013 14:55

See this thread

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/tips_board/thread/1316233

AndyTG

AndyTG Report 1 Dec 2013 16:19

I have just got a fix to this problem. Go to home page select Tools then Compatibility View settings, select Add. Cleared :-)

Amanda,

Amanda, Report 1 Dec 2013 17:15

Hi Andrew,

Thank you soooo much, it has been driving me nuts

Kind regards
Amanda

Gillian

Gillian Report 1 Dec 2013 17:21

Thank you I too had this problem after updating windows 8 to windows 8.1.
Did as Andrew suggested and it now works fine.
:-)

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 1 Dec 2013 18:07

Thanks so much, Andrew!
It's been bugging me all day - I found if I refreshed the page, it overcame the error each time, but it was a real pain.

Mollymalone

Mollymalone Report 1 Dec 2013 18:34

Thank you Andrew, I have just amended my error with your suggestion.
GREAT!

Maureen

Sonya

Sonya Report 5 Dec 2013 14:27

Thanks Andrew - sorted!