Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

printing out whole of family tree???

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

June

June Report 5 Dec 2013 09:08

I can't find anywhere to let me print out my whole family tree.
I have done it once before....long time ago!!
The reason is I am going to use another site like Ancestry or Find my past as I am fed up with not being able to use this site properly!!
Any help on how to print it out or other suggestions.....not too complicated....would be much appreciated!!
June Jarman

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 5 Dec 2013 09:41

If you just want to put the details from your tree on here onto another site then you can just export the tree as a gedcom without printing it out.

Hover your mouse over "Family Tree" in the bar at the top of the page and click on "Export Gedcom" and follow the instructions. The only thing is it will not transfer any photos or images you have attached to your tree.

Kath. x

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 5 Dec 2013 16:27

Please only post on one Board, :-)

June

June Report 5 Dec 2013 17:32

Sorry if That is not allowed.

Inky1

Inky1 Report 6 Dec 2013 16:06

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/tips_board/thread/1227976

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 6 Dec 2013 21:37

Again I think people are being picky here. I see nothing wrong with asking this question on different boards. It's a way of getting various opinions. It's not the same as asking for a look-up for the same family on different boards where information could be duplicated.

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 7 Dec 2013 06:13

Picky or not, anyone who has spent time and effort to answer a question on any subject knows what it feels like only to find out the topic has been covered on a duplicated posting. I for one have fallen for this on many occasions and every time felt understandably annoyed.

What it also leads to is members becoming increasingly reluctant to answer queries in case they end up wasting their time, or even worse, to be told "I already know that from the last time I asked...."