Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Introducing Hannah

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Community Manager

Community Manager Advisor Report 28 Jan 2014 13:38

Hi Everyone,

Hannah, from the Genes Reunited team, will be monitoring the Genealogy Chat board moving forward. I will also be on hand, so feel free to PM either myself or Hannah.

Regards

Shelley

Hannah

Hannah Advisor Report 28 Jan 2014 14:40

Hello Everybody

I have been a member of the Genes Reunited Team since November, and am looking forward to becoming part of the Genealogy Chat board.

I recently inherited a huge amount of Family History research from my paternal Grandmother so I am currently tracing my maternal family tree, specifically the Roper family from Ipswich at the moment - which is my Grandmother's father's line.

Speak to you all soon!

Kind regards

Hannah

Kense

Kense Report 28 Jan 2014 22:11

Hello Hannah. Welcome to Genealogical Chat.

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 29 Jan 2014 08:36

Hi Hannah, welcome to the boards and good luck in your new post

Wendy

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 29 Jan 2014 12:23

Are you not the 3rd person in the last year to take this post!

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 30 Jan 2014 00:00

Hello Hannah, welcome and good luck! You'll need the latter as we'll no doubt lead you a merry dance with our goings on but we'll also be happy to help you with your research. That's what we're good at and that's why we make the GR boards one of the site's best features.

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 30 Jan 2014 10:59

I'm wondering what "monitoring the Genealogy Chat board" entails?

Do you read all of the posts on the board?

Are you able to respond immediately if someone rr's a post?

What about the other boards? Is someone else monitoring those?

Hannah

Hannah Advisor Report 30 Jan 2014 15:33

Thank you everyone for your kind welcome to the board! I am so impressed by both the skill in tracing family members and the help given to others in doing so that is shown across the community.

There have been a lot of changes here over the last few months, but I hope to be able to answer questions and generally keep an eye on any queries that arise on Genealogy Chat. Between the Genes Reunited Team members we are on hand for those using all the community boards.

Speak soon

Hannah

The Meercat

The Meercat Report 30 Jan 2014 16:28

Ooops I thought for a minute that you were going to get a reply to your
questions Margee.Well we know the answer to question number two now.No Hannah isn't going to read all the posts. :-|

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 30 Jan 2014 17:13

But what questions are you planning to answer, Hannah? Most of the questions on this board are for look-ups. Surely you're not planning to do look-ups for people?

Kense

Kense Report 30 Jan 2014 18:54

Hopefully Hannah will be moving the look-up requests to the correct boards, as promised in the PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING thread.

Joy

Joy Report 30 Jan 2014 19:41

Thank you, Shelley.

Following your statement that Hannah will be monitoring the Genealogy Chat board moving forward, will other members of the Team be monitoring other boards?
And will the Team's information be reinstated?

http://www.genesreunited.co.za/boards/board/tips_board/thread/1323023?d=desc

Hannah

Hannah Advisor Report 31 Jan 2014 17:16

KenSE is quite right, I hope to see look up requests posted on the Find Ancestors and Find Living Relatives boards. However I hope to be on hand for any problems that arise on this board, and to sticky appropriate threads.

The structure of the team has changed, but between all the Genes Reunited Team members we will be keeping an eye on all of the community boards.

There is a lot on here but I hope to get my head round all of the different threads and be able to read all of the posts, even if I am unable to respond to them all!

I hope you all have a good weekend,

Hannah

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 19 Feb 2014 21:00

Hannah, do you think, perhaps, that you're going a little overboard with stickying threads? One now has to scroll past 8 stickied threads in order to get to current threads.

LadyKira

LadyKira Report 23 Feb 2014 18:26

Nice to have met you yesterday Hannah. :-D ;-)

I think you will find this a challeng position. ;-)

Hannah

Hannah Advisor Report 24 Feb 2014 17:14

Hi Margee.
Thank you for raising this. Several of these Stickied threats are only temporary, and at the end of the month this one will also be unstickied.

Hello LadyKira
It was lovely to meet you in person at the weekend, and I hope you enjoyed the show!

Kind regards

Hannah