Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

New Zealand

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angela

Angela Report 5 Feb 2014 12:14

Has anyone ever managed to get onto the New Zealand Genes Reunited & if so is it any different to this one? I have relatives there & I would like to go on the site.
Thanks Angie

jax

jax Report 5 Feb 2014 12:26

There is no such thing as a New Zealand Genes reunited

Genes only hold records for England and Wales

you can log in via nz, za. au and .com but they are all the same as .uk

Angela

Angela Report 5 Feb 2014 13:00

what a swizz, so why do they advertise it then & the same for Australia., thanks for your reply

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 5 Feb 2014 13:14

Angela, GR is all one site under Genes Reunited International found at the very bottom of this page, You can login to anyone just click on whichever one you want you will need to login again on which ever site you want but its the same login details so no need to re-register, all threads/posts on any of their sites comes to and appears on all, If you have relatives in New Zealand and they join through Genes Reunited New Zealand addy then you will be on the same site,

The only difference is the web address

Roy

Jo

Jo Report 16 Feb 2014 08:47

Anglea, I have family in New Zealand and UK and have located families from both countries on Genes Reunited. If you are looking for more info on your NZ side try www.bdmonline.dia.govt.nz/? and paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/ these are very useful sites

Graham

Graham Report 16 Feb 2014 14:16

A lot of people in New Zealand and Australia have british ancestors. So it's handy for them to be able to see the records in the UK.