Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WE TOO ARE A FAMILY

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Paul Barton, Special Agent

Paul Barton, Special Agent Report 3 Sep 2006 15:37

As we each individually strive to build our knowledge of our own families it is worth reflecting that we on the GR Tips board are creating our own family too. I feel I have grown to know so many of you even though we only communicate with combinations of 26 letters. (cont...)

Paul Barton, Special Agent Report 3 Sep 2006 15:37

(Cont...) I say this because the past week has been such a roller coaster of emotions. Like any family our strength comes from the support and solidarity shown to each other. Although we are saddened when one of our valued members comes under attack we rally round in support, proving that we really are fellow travellers, arm in arm in a joint quest. There's Old Crone, the matriarch, who can be relied upon for the benefit of her good sense and experience. Grampa Jim, who always points us in the right direction. Maid Marion and Proud Meercat whose gentle interjections make all of us smile. Ted Lunt the jester who so often shows that he's no fool. Glen and his fresh tinsel knickers who inspires us with his passion. Merry Monty Montgomery and Helen Little Nell whose breathtaking speed of response leaves us all in a spin. I could add so many names, but my point is this. We are all individuals, each with our own distinctive personality. We approach our subject from all different directions. Whilst constructive criticism is always welcome, nobody can say, 'This is the way it should be done'. It's our beautiful diversity that gives us the edge, our combined brainpower that gives us our strength.

Just

Just Report 3 Sep 2006 15:39

'Here Here!' Well said! Or should it be 'Hear, Hear!' Claire

Leni

Leni Report 3 Sep 2006 15:40

How very true Paul, wise words! Gwyn

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Sep 2006 15:40

Paul Your contributions are always valued too. nell

♫ D☺ver Sue

♫ D☺ver Sue Report 3 Sep 2006 15:41

Yes Paul, just 26 letters that can say so much. They're not always neccessarily in the right order every time, but what the heck? Here's to family !!!

Lynn

Lynn Report 3 Sep 2006 15:42

Here, here Paul! Excellent sentiments. Lynn ( fan of the tinsel knicks)

Paul Barton, Special Agent Report 3 Sep 2006 15:43

Glen and Ted have both been on the sh*tty end of the stick this week and I just wanted to get it off my chest.

Elaine

Elaine Report 3 Sep 2006 15:46

Paul, I must say you really do have a particular talent with words, which has been particularly evident over the last few days with the election threads. This one surpasses all others - I don´t think anyone could have expressed our feelings better than you have done here. Let´s all raise our glasses to the Tips Board family.

Joy

Joy Report 3 Sep 2006 15:48

Very true ... and thank you. Having been on the sh**** end of posts myself (mainly recently on the success board), it is good to see rallying round and to be part of it.

*** Fuzzy

*** Fuzzy Report 3 Sep 2006 15:48

Well said Paul, I agree with every sentiment, I am so glad I became a member, not only have I extended the tree, but my circle of friends too. If only I had known what I know now Paul.......Glad we are all together in a far better place !!! Good one Laura, I cant reply to your thread, but hoping someone will see it on here......We are all in that much better place and you can find us if you try!!! Fuzzy x

Paul Barton, Special Agent Report 3 Sep 2006 15:52

Exactly what are you proud of, Meercat?

Joy

Joy Report 3 Sep 2006 16:06

Time for the Special Agent to read your ''Wheres Davids Thread?'' thread on the general board, Meercat?

Heather

Heather Report 3 Sep 2006 16:19

Paul, as we are family, I dont spose you could lend me, Merry and Glen enough for our SAGA cruise could you????????:} Glen is one of my bestest mates on here. He doesnt sit on his a*** all day - apart from his gimp duties for me, he currently has Mrs G convalescing. I really cannot believe people are so so horrid. Well, I suppose I should, I have met enough of them every day in 'real life'. As Ive so often said, 'Why cant we all up roots and form our own little community by the seaside'. Oh, wouldnt that be LUVERLY.

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Sep 2006 16:24

We would have to build our community around a Library. And thank you Paul for your comments.

Joy

Joy Report 3 Sep 2006 16:25

Thank you, Fabby Meercat. I did something today that Kim would call ''norty'' I'll PM you about it.

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Sep 2006 16:28

Beautifully worded Paul. Bev x

Deb

Deb Report 3 Sep 2006 16:33

Well said Paul!! You have such a great way with words.... Deb

Ang

Ang Report 3 Sep 2006 17:13

Wise words . I don't post that often & prefer to muddle my own way through finding records but I know that so many on here will help if needed. This has to be the only site I have ever joined where you didn't feel an outsider because you were a newbie. A big thank you to all who are the foundations of this great big Records Office! Ang

Snowdrops in Bloom

Snowdrops in Bloom Report 3 Sep 2006 17:13

OOOOOPS Nearly missed this one - may I must add my twopennorth? Well said Paul and thank you for voicing what we must all be thinking, one way or another. Well done everyone!! .