Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

My best tip after googling - get Tescos home deliv

Page 0 + 1 of 6

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Heather

Heather Report 11 Mar 2006 12:41

Not only do you save a couple of hours 'down time', your cupboards are full when partners come home, hence giving the impression of industrious housewifery, you save enough on bogof offers to buy at least one certificate a week and on top of that, you get points towards really good deals.

Val wish I'd never started

Val wish I'd never started Report 11 Mar 2006 12:45

thats okay if your husband works mine doesnt !!! but then he does the shopping while I am on here , bliss .

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Mar 2006 12:47

When Tesco's start doing home delivery on certs I will definitely use them! My husband does the shop instead of me. That way if we run out of anything its his fault. nell

Rachel

Rachel Report 11 Mar 2006 12:49

Yes I agree - having my shopping delivered by Tescos is one of the best things I've done. I hate supermarkets - best avoided!

Heather

Heather Report 11 Mar 2006 12:49

My gawd, where do you find these men? My husband wouldnt know where the supermarket was! He cant work out how to open the washing machine yet.

Tina-Marie

Tina-Marie Report 11 Mar 2006 12:49

I would starve without Tesca Home delivery, shopping fills me with horror!!!

Heather

Heather Report 11 Mar 2006 12:51

And you can get so many points if you are clever! Ive got enought for a family holiday now. Nell, the way Tescos are going, it wouldnt surprise me if they dont start that sort of service some time!

Val wish I'd never started Report 11 Mar 2006 12:57

Heather since mine has practically retired he does all the Housework except the Cooking Washing and Ironing. He is a marvel at dusting and vacumming.I always hated doing those things, much rather do the Gardening myself.

Heather

Heather Report 11 Mar 2006 13:00

My husband works very hard physically sometimes 7 days a week, so I cant complain as I sit here on my butt doing this! But he is such a chauvenist. The one time I was in bed (returned home after op in hospital), I was starving hungry. He said hed go out and get me some lunch. Half hour later he returns and throws sandwiches still in their pack on the bed, plus a Mars bar and a bottle of Lucozade.

Val wish I'd never started Report 11 Mar 2006 13:03

oh Heather thats so funny, Cant he even boil an Egg?? Mine is not a very good cook but he can do simple things.

Heather

Heather Report 11 Mar 2006 13:04

Nope Val, cant do that - he tried once and the eggs were burst open by the time he went to get them out, even though I showed him how to use the timer.

Val wish I'd never started Report 11 Mar 2006 13:07

Heather you really must train him like you do your lovely Dog.

Heather

Heather Report 11 Mar 2006 13:10

Too late after 36 years Val - which reminds me, it was my anniversary on Monday - you dont need to ask, do you? And poor dog - my dear old Lucy, the dog I had before Ralph, I went down to my dads for the day, came back late at night - her water bowl was empty and she was pawing her food bowl. And then there was the time I went on a course and he had to take the boys to school first time ever (when they were young). I got home that night and both boys told me he took them to the wrong school! On the presentation for A levels night at eldest boys school I was chatting to the headmaster - boy had been there since 12 - hubby hovering in background and the Headmaster looked at him and said 'Im sorry, do I know this gentleman?' He had never been to the school before.

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Mar 2006 13:13

Heather My husband does the shopping because he won't let me drive the car!!!!! He has no idea about cooking or washing, although I have laminated instructions (mainly symbols, not too much reading) on the cooker, dishwasher and washing machine. Both my sons can work the microwave and oven (ages 14 and 11). Main problem with men and housework is that as Jane Austen said, they don't know whether things are dirty or not. Classic moment I treasure is that a while ago I was haivng a lie-in whilst husband got sons ready for rugby. Eventually husband said - and I remember exact words - 'you've got to help us. We're desperate. We've looked everywhere. I can't find W's other sock'. I got out of bed, walked into W's room and picked up the sock, which was in clear view, from the floor on the middle of the room. Husband and sons looked at me as though I had just produced a rabbit from a hat! nell

Heather

Heather Report 11 Mar 2006 13:17

Yes, that is a mans thing isnt it - they look and dont see. I often think if I had a lover the best place to put his love letters would be in the fridge. Hubby would never find them. Just last night I asked him to pass me the cheese grater - 10 minutes later he hasnt found it. I go over, open the cupboard and get it out straight away. His excuse was that 'it was camoflagued'. How can a cheese grater be camoflagued in a cupboard full of cups? It does make you wonder how they win wars doesnt it? But then as its men on the other side too ............

Janet in Yorkshire

Janet in Yorkshire Report 11 Mar 2006 13:29

Girls, I blame it on their Mums - I hope you are all doing your bit to liberate your sons. Jay

Val wish I'd never started Report 11 Mar 2006 13:31

Helen and Heather you have made my day, so funny .I know what you mean though, what annoys me is when I iron his tops I put them all tidy and folded into his Wardrobe and what happens when he wants one does he take the first one nooooo, he takes one from the bottom and leaves all the rest screwed up.I could scream.

Heather

Heather Report 11 Mar 2006 13:57

I have to say Janet, you are absolutely right. My mother in law (bless) was Irish Liverpudlian and waited on the hubby and sons like a slave. I remember one Christmas - I was staggering about getting everyone served etc. and I went out to the kitchen. Hubby must have made a move to bring out some used crockery. I heard his mum say (I cant believe this now!) 'Oh Georgie (think of Irish liverpudlian accent guys), 'Oh Georgie, leave those, shell take them when she comes back in'. Isnt that incredible?

Desperate

Desperate Report 12 Mar 2006 17:01

Heather,My daughter was happy with Tesco,till they failed to deliver,After much phoning,and the depot hundreds of miles away,and they can come up to 11pm,and waiting in vain,she had no bread,no baby food,nappies,cereals,and was tearing her hair out.She complained to different staff,the main manageress was rude,and dismissive,the lorry had broken down,so what.? was her attitude. So end of Tesco for my daughter.Make sure you have enough stuff to tide you over,for at least an extra day.Not that you want to buy a loaf,when you expect ordered bread coming,but with lunches to prepare for next day,for work and school.There is not a lot you can do after 11pm. It was the offhand treatment she got that annoyed,she knows these things happen,breakdowns e.t.c.but there is no excuse for bad manners.They have lost a good customer.Hope it doesnt happen to you Margaret.

Heather

Heather Report 12 Mar 2006 18:23

Margaret, I would get her to telephone the main office for Tesco - when they failed to deliver some bits I needed for christmas - gave useless substitutes - I rang and complained and got a £30 off next order.