Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1861/1871/1881/1891/1901 look ups offered+BMD>C191

Page 0 + 1 of 5

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

The Bag

The Bag Report 3 Aug 2005 16:42

new thread - Wednesday 3 Aug If you asked on the old thread , please find reply there.

The Bag

The Bag Report 3 Aug 2005 16:43

Please supply as much info as you have when requesting lookups, Which census/dates/birthplaces/likely whereabout. MY GEOGRAPHY ISN'T WONDERFUL (BUT IMPROVING...!) SO VILLAGE NAMES MAY NEED SOME LOCATING CLUES (NEAR...) PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE can you do the subraction sums and post years of birth not ages.... The more you can tell me the more likely i am to be able to find what you want! * * * * * * * * * Please re post name in response to queries - 'HE' was born in 1842 ' could apply to any number of people i am looking up!!

Joanne

Joanne Report 3 Aug 2005 16:58

Hi ya Thank you for your offer. Could you do some look ups for me, please? 1861 census George Lines born about 1836 in Paddington, Middlesex Jane E Cook born about 1855 in Kingsland Middlesex 1901 censor James Lines born about 1868 in Paddington, Middlesex Hope this is enough info? Thanks, Jo

The Bag

The Bag Report 3 Aug 2005 17:04

Jo. 1871 as a start point Ann Lines abt 1840 Bushey, Hertfordshire, England Wife Paddington London Charles Lines abt 1861 Paddington, Middlesex, England Son Paddington London George Lines abt 1836 Paddington, Middlesex, England Head Paddington London George Lines abt 1863 Paddington, Middlesex, England Son Paddington London James Lines abt 1868 Paddington, Middlesex, England Son Paddington London ------------------------------------ 1861 Ann Lines abt 1838 Bushey, Hertfordshire, England Wife Paddington Middlesex George Lines abt 1834 Middlesex, England Head Paddington Middlesex <occupation CARMAN George Wm Lines abt 1858 Paddington Son Paddington Middlesex ----------------------------------------- 1881 still at home Alice Lines abt 1874 Paddington, Middlesex, England Daughter 2 South Wharf Cottage, Paddington, London, England Ann Lines abt 1841 Paddington, Middlesex, England Wife 2 South Wharf Cottage, Paddington, London, England Arthur Lines abt 1876 Paddington, Middlesex, England Son 2 South Wharf Cottage, Paddington, London, England Charles Lines abt 1861 Paddington, Middlesex, England Son 2 South Wharf Cottage, Paddington, London, England George Lines abt 1837 Paddington, Middlesex, England Head 2 South Wharf Cottage, Paddington, London, England James Lines abt 1868 Paddington, Middlesex, England Son 2 South Wharf Cottage, Paddington, London, England Thomas Lines abt 1870 Paddington, Middlesex, England Son 2 South Wharf Cottage, Paddington, London, England William Lines abt 1878 Paddington, Middlesex, England Son 2 South Wharf Cottage, Paddington, London, England -----------------------------------------

Joanne

Joanne Report 3 Aug 2005 17:07

HI ya, sorry. George Lines was the father of James Lines, found them both on the 1871 and 1881 census. Jane E Cook found her on the 1881, I just wanted to know who her father was has on the 1881 census her mum was head of household. Thanks Jo

The Bag

The Bag Report 3 Aug 2005 17:13

Is Jane James Wife ? if so where and when did they marry? - will help to find them in 1901 where was she born - according to 1881?

Joanne

Joanne Report 3 Aug 2005 17:19

Hi ya Jane E Cook is my nan's aunt. Her niece married into the Lines. On the 1881 censor it says she was 26, thats around 1855. Born in Kingsland, Middlesex the 1881 censor says. Thanks, Jo

The Bag

The Bag Report 3 Aug 2005 17:41

Jo the 1881 for ref for Jane Jane E. Cook abt 1855 Kingsland, Middlesex, England Daughter 38-39 High Street, St Paul Shadwell, London, England Joseph E. Cook abt 1872 St Georges E, Middlesex, England Son 38-39 High Street, St Paul Shadwell, London, England Robert Cook abt 1863 Borough, Middlesex, England Son 38-39 High Street, St Paul Shadwell, London, England Sarah A. Cook abt 1835 Tottenham, Middlesex, England Head 38-39 High Street, St Paul Shadwell, London, England 1871;still looking as would have thought dad would be there- Cant find, nor in 1861 sorry

The Bag

The Bag Report 3 Aug 2005 17:54

Ann, how well do you know his birth year? >>Geo E Hind abt 1897 Spennymoor, Durham, England Son Merrington Lane Durham George Hind abt 1893 Castle Eden Coll, Durham, England Son Hutton Henry Durham >>George Hind abt 1897 Shadforth, Durham, England Son Shadforth Durham George Hind abt abt 1899 Spennymoor, Durham, England Son Sunderland Bridge Durham George B Hind abt 1892 Quarrington Hill, Durham, England Son Penshaw Durham George H L Hind abt 1895 New Herrington, Durham, England Son Ford Durham

Janet

Janet Report 3 Aug 2005 17:59

This may seem like a very cheeky request but I need to know that the info I have already found is the right rellies. if I give you names & what dates I have can you look back as far as you can so that I can see if they tally? I am getting rather confused!!!!! My Gt Grandmother Elizabeth Cranmer Wright Kelly dob c1857 Her daughter (also had other children I think) Agnes Wright dob - 22/Nov/1894, death - 2/Dec/1962 (names,dates & spellings from Headstones) Sent for what I thought was Agnes birth cert, states fathers name as Thomas Wright, mother Elizabeth Wright (formerly Wright - that is what it says on birth cert for Agnes). Think she may have married a cousin that's why her name didn't change. Elizabeth remarried a Robert kelly in 1904 hence the double name (Wright Kelly). Don't think Cranmer was her maiden name, think it was a family name. Everton/Walton area of Liverpool Any help would be appreciated.

Joanne

Joanne Report 3 Aug 2005 18:03

Thanks for your help. Jo

The Bag

The Bag Report 3 Aug 2005 18:05

ann i shout if you want them taking back , but am just off to get the tea, back later George Hind abt 1897 Shadforth, Durham, England Son Shadforth Durham Jane Hind abt 1888 Thornley, Durham, England Daughter Shadforth Durham John E Hind abt 1886 Thornley, Durham, England Son Shadforth Durham Londy Hind abt 1896 Shadforth, Durham, England Son Shadforth Durham Martin Hind abt 1855 Escombe, Durham, England Head Shadforth Durham Martin Hind abt 1892 Shadforth, Durham, England Son Shadforth Durham Mary Hind abt 1890 Thornley, Durham, England Daughter Shadforth Durham Robert Hind abt 1894 Shadforth, Durham, England Son Shadforth Durham Thomas Hind abt 1884 Thornley, Durham, England Son Shadforth Durham ------------------------------------------------------ 1891 Hinds, Martin abt 1858 Eskham, Durham, England Head Thornley Durham Hinds, Mary A abt 1865 Kelton, Durham, England Wife Thornley Durham Hinds, Thomas abt 1884 Thornby, Durham, England Son Thornley Durham Hinds, Jane abt 1888 Thornby, Durham, England Daughter Thornley Durham Hinds, John E abt 1886 Thornby, Durham, England Son Thornley Durham Hinds, Mary abt 1890 Thornby, Durham, England Daughter Thornley Durham also on the same page...(his brother/father even?).... Hind, Jane abt 1837 Bishop Auckland, Durham, England Wife Thornley Durham Hind, Jane abt 1860 Escombe, Durham, England Daughter Thornley Durham Hind, Thos abt 1837 Fery Hill, Durham, England Head Thornley Durham ---------------------------------------------------- 1881 (his father WAS Thomas then) Elizabeth Hind abt 1871 Thornley, Durham, England Daughter 20 Park St, Thornley, Durham, England Jane Hind abt 1836 Bp Auckland, Durham, England Wife 20 Park St, Thornley, Durham, England Jane Hind abt 1858 Escomb, Durham, England Daughter 20 Park St, Thornley, Durham, England Martin Hind abt 1856 Escomb, Durham, England Son 20 Park St, Thornley, Durham, England Sarah A. Hind abt 1869 Thornley, Durham, England Daughter 20 Park St, Thornley, Durham, England Thomas Hind abt 1836 Ferry Hill, Durham, England Head 20 Park St, Thornley, Durham, England --------------------------------------------------------- 1871 (variation on a theme!) Elizabeth Heind abt 1871 Thornley Daughter Thornley Durham Hannah Heind abt 1863 Thornley Daughter Thornley Durham Jane Heind abt 1836 Port Auckland Wife Thornley Durham Jane Heind abt 1859 Escombe Daughter Thornley Durham Margaret Heind abt 1866 Thornley Daughter Thornley Durham Martin Heind abt 1856 Escombe Son Thornley Durham Mary Heind abt 1860 Escombe Daughter Thornley Durham Sarah Ann Heind abt 1869 Thornley Daughter Thornley Durham Thomas Heind abt 1836 Ferry Hill Head Thornley Durham ---------------------------------------------------------- 1861 - sorry failed there- cant find them

Annette

Annette Report 3 Aug 2005 21:23

Jess, Thanks for your info on the Bromley family (Lancashire). I now have 2 new names I knew nothing about. Cheers! Annette xx

The Bag

The Bag Report 3 Aug 2005 21:31

Janet, having a bit of an errmmm and Ummm with yours, hope this is the correct family in 1901 John Moor abt 1882 Liverpool, Lancashire, England Boarder Everton Lancashire Agnes Wright abt 1895 Liverpool, Lancashire, England Daughter Everton Lancashire Elizabeth Wright abt 1857 Liverpool, Lancashire, England Head Everton Lancashire <widow Elizabeth A Wright abt 1892 Liverpool, Lancashire, England Daughter Everton Lancashire Jame A Wright abt 1887 Liverpool, Lancashire, England Son Everton Lancashire John H Wright abt 1885 Liverpool, Lancashire, England Son Everton Lancashire Thomas G Wright abt 1883 Liverpool, Lancashire, England Son Everton Lancashire William E Wright abt 1882 Liverpool, Lancashire, England Son Everton Lancashire address 3 Hackthorpe st. -------------------------------------------- 1891 Wright, Elizabeth abt 1857 Liverpool, Lancashire, England Wife Everton Lancashire <Charwoman Wright, James A abt 1887 Liverpool, Lancashire, England Son Everton Lancashire Wright, John H abt 1885 Liverpool, Lancashire, England Son Everton Lancashire Wright, Thomas abt 1851 Liverpool, Lancashire, England Head Everton Lancashire <labourer Wright, William E abt 1889 Liverpool, Lancashire, England Son Everton Lancashire address 8 Hackthorpe st ------------------------------------------------------- * i cannot find a Wright/Wright marriage though

The Bag

The Bag Report 3 Aug 2005 21:59

kaye, where and when were they born? they are not obvious. were there any other children at home in 1851? prob not right but want to keep this a mo Arthur Huntley abt 1837 Limpley Stoke, Wiltshire, England Son Bradford on Avon Wiltshire Emma Huntley abt 1845 Limpley Stoke, Wiltshire, England Daughter Bradford on Avon Wiltshire Susan Huntley abt 1802 Limpley Stoke, Wiltshire, England Wife Bradford on Avon Wiltshire William Huntley abt 1799 Limpley Stoke, Wiltshire, England Head Bradford on Avon Wiltshire

Clarence

Clarence Report 4 Aug 2005 10:35

HI JESS REALLY GRATEFUL IF YOU WOULD DO ME A 18861/1871 CENSUS LOOKUP ON JOHN DAVIS BORN 1/3/1853 BROTHERTON YORKSHIRE, HIS PARENTS ARE THOMAS DAVIS AND SARAH DAVIS [SAWYER] MANY THANKS JESS. LUV MAGGIEX

dylan

dylan Report 4 Aug 2005 20:52

hi jess i was wondering if you could do another lookup for me. i have found two (presumed) relatives living next door to each other in the 1881 census and was hoping that you may be able to link them by doing an 1861/1871 search. john humble. born 1846, kelloe, county durham. jane a humble. born 1849, wingate, county durham. if you have time, do you think you could see whether jane ever got married as she is listed as 'unmarried' in the 1881 census. as ever, many thanks for all the work you do.

The Bag

The Bag Report 4 Aug 2005 21:58

Pamela- 1871 Mary I Hardy abt 1868 Bishop Auckland, Durham, England Visitor Willington Durham Elizabeth Humble abt 1845 Bishop Auckland, Durham, England Wife Willington Durham John Humble abt 1846 Kelloe, Durham, England Head Willington Durham 1861 Stephen Bulman abt 1835 Bishop Middleham, Durham, England Boarder Willington Durham Jane Humble abt 1818 Haughton-le-Skerne, Durham, England Head Willington Durham Jane Humble abt 1849 Kelloe, Durham, England Daughter Willington Durham John Humble abt 1846 Kelloe, Durham, England Son Willington Durham Michael Humble abt 1856 Willington, Durham, England Son Willington Durham Nicholas Humble abt 1852 Kelloe, Durham, England Son Willington Durham **THERE ARE PAGES OF JANE HUMBLE MARRIAGES!

The Bag

The Bag Report 4 Aug 2005 22:01

Struggling with yours Maggie, leave it with me

The Bag

The Bag Report 5 Aug 2005 09:05

Maggie 1861 John Davis abt 1853 Brotherton, Yorkshire, England Son Brotherton Yorkshire Sarah Davis abt 1806 Brotherton, Yorkshire, England Wife Brotherton Yorkshire <dressmaker Sarah Davis abt 1845 Brotherton, Yorkshire, England Daughter Brotherton Yorkshire Susannah Davis abt 1848 Brotherton, Yorkshire, England Daughter Brotherton Yorkshire Thomas Davis abt 1805 Brotherton, Yorkshire, England Head Brotherton Yorkshire < painter address the High St ---------------------------------- 1871 he's left home, and looks as though his Dad has died. he is evading me at the moment Sarah Davis abt 1807 Brotherton, Yorkshire, England Head Brotherton Yorkshire Thomas Monkman abt 1869 Scarborough, Yorkshire, England Grandson Brotherton Yorkshire still dressmaking in the High Street ----------------------------------------------------- the only John i can find born Yorkshire that isn't someone son , is a convict in kent...... Where did you chap pop up later?