Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

BORED! - 1901/1891/1881/1871 census+ BDM lookups o

Page 0 + 1 of 19

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

The Bag

The Bag Report 3 Apr 2005 21:11

request on thread ONLY please(no messages) **got new glasses, bear with me, trouble adjusting!!

The Bag

The Bag Report 3 Apr 2005 21:13

Please supply as much info as you have when requesting lookups, Which census/dates/birthplaces/likely whereabout. The more you can tell me the more likely i am to be able to find what you want! * * * * * * * * * Please re post name in response to queries - 'HE' was born in 1842 ' could apply to any number of people i am looking up!! ~Jess~

Sophie

Sophie Report 3 Apr 2005 21:20

Hi jess I'm looking for a Elizabeth Nicholls on the 1871 census, she was born about 1851 in Chalvey/Upton Cum, Buckingham. She should be about 20 that year. She didn't get married untill 1874 but had a child around 1870 year so if thats the case, then she might be put down as Elizabeth Stevens? Not sure on this one but just in case her husbands name was Edward William Stevens born around 1853 in Uxbridge, mIddlesex which would make him 18 that year. She would have been either living in Buckingham or middlesex. Thanks jess LMP :))))))))

The Bag

The Bag Report 3 Apr 2005 21:31

a village just outside Buckinhgham: Elizabeth Nicholls 60 Chackmore, Buckinghamshire, England Wife Radclive Buckinghamshire Elizabeth Nicholls 20 Chackmore, Buckinghamshire, England Daughter Radclive Buckinghamshire John Nicholls 62 Chackmore, Buckinghamshire, England Head Radclive Buckinghamshire address is just 'Chackmore' her father is a gardener

Sophie

Sophie Report 3 Apr 2005 21:34

thanks jess for looking for me! i don't think this is the right one though as her parents were Lucy and edward but i am not sure whether she was living with them at the time! Thanks anyway!! LMP :))))))))))))

The Bag

The Bag Report 3 Apr 2005 21:40

If you'd have told me that in the first place i wouldn't have bothered with these!! :-(

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 3 Apr 2005 21:51

please would you be so kind... Annie Guy born c.1880, Okeford Fitzpaine she says in 1901. Cannot find her on familysearch, nor in 1891 on dorset opc. Suspect she may have been from one of the surrounding villages, as married in the area in 1900. parents & siblings greatly appreciated. Thanks Jess, LIZ

Ann ♣

Ann ♣ Report 3 Apr 2005 22:00

Hi Jess 1871 census Can you please look for Eliza Atkinson c1857 in london.I have her marriage cert giving father as john a boot maker.Many thanks Ann

The Bag

The Bag Report 3 Apr 2005 22:13

Elizabeth.Not good on Geography ?maybe Gover, John 16 Kingston, Dorset Stepbrother Swanage Dorset Guy, Amy 8 Swanage, Dorset Daughter Swanage Dorset Guy, Annie 9 Swanage, Dorset Daughter Swanage Dorset Guy, Bessie 11 Swanage, Dorset Daughter Swanage Dorset Guy, Elizabeth 33 Swanage, Dorset Wife Swanage Dorset Guy, Willim 33 Langton, Dorset Head Swanage Dorset

The Bag

The Bag Report 3 Apr 2005 22:19

Derek Charles Nicholls 47 Bham, Warwickshire, England Head Aston Warwickshire Gertrude Nicholls 17 Bham, Warwickshire, England Daughter Aston Warwickshire Helena Nicholls 47 Bham, Warwickshire, England Wife Aston Warwickshire Minnie Nicholls 11 Bham, Warwickshire, England Daughter Aston Warwickshire Alfred J Nicholls 13 B'Ham Son Birmingham Warwickshire Emily Nicholls 36 B'Ham Wife Birmingham Warwickshire John Nicholls 36 B'Ham Head Birmingham Warwickshire Annie Nicholls 46 Birmingham Wife Birmingham Warwickshire Florence Nicholls 5 Birmingham Daughter Birmingham Warwickshire James Nicholls 13 Birmingham Son Birmingham Warwickshire Joseph Nicholls 18 Birmingham Son Birmingham Warwickshire Sarah Nicholls 16 Birmingham Daughter Birmingham Warwickshire William Nicholls 49 Birmingham Head Birmingham Warwickshire iam H Cutler 24 Oldbury Friend Visitor Cannock Staffordshire John Nicholls 27 Oldbury, Worcestershire, England Head Cannock Staffordshire John E Nicholls 1 Bridgtown, Staffordshire, England Son Cannock Staffordshire Susannah Nicholls 31 Oldbury Wife Cannock Staffordshire Hannah Nicholls 44 Brownhills, Staffordshire, England Wife Cannock Staffordshire Joseph Nicholls 38 Lane Head, Staffordshire, England Head Cannock Staffordshire ~Jess~

The Bag

The Bag Report 3 Apr 2005 22:24

Ann, the name you asked for, approx age, in London None have Father John Eliza Atkinson 15 Rictham, Kent, England Visitor Eltham London Eliza Atkinson 15 Boston, Lincolnshire, England Daughter Paddington London Eliza Atkinson 14 St Luke, Middlesex, England Daughter Shoreditch London

Ann ♣

Ann ♣ Report 3 Apr 2005 22:33

Hi Jess can you tell me the fathers name of the 14 year old eliza please?and any siblings if its not to much trouble many thanks Ann

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Apr 2005 22:34

Hi there! this ones a bit tricky sorry - I've literaly just been given this name, SAMUEL NATHANIEL SMITH b 1861 d1947 I have no location but he will have gypsy connections (even hardeer to find) thanks Teri

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 4 Apr 2005 00:35

Jess, thanks for that. Miles away, but still worth considering. I rarely trust anything these ancestors say about themselves anymore! LIZ

David

David Report 4 Apr 2005 00:53

Hi Jess I have George Sherriff, Hawher on the 1861 Wife Caroline born Leamington Warks,and 1881 Wife Mary born Greenwich. Can you find him on any other census? Date of birth seems to vary cosiderably, from 1819-1825 David

Timothy

Timothy Report 4 Apr 2005 06:35

Names of all people in house in 1901 when Florence Victoria Stevens was 1 year old in Liverpool

The Bag

The Bag Report 4 Apr 2005 08:13

Eliza's family Charles Atkinson 12 St Luke, Middlesex, England Son Shoreditch London Edward Atkinson 7 St Luke, Middlesex, England Son Shoreditch London Eliza Atkinson 14 St Luke, Middlesex, England Daughter Shoreditch London Emma Atkinson 9 St Luke, Middlesex, England Daughter Shoreditch London Harriet Atkinson 45 Shoreditch, Middlesex, England Wife Shoreditch London Harriet Atkinson 19 St Pancras, Middlesex, England Daughter Shoreditch London William Atkinson 45 Norwich Head Shoreditch London

The Bag

The Bag Report 4 Apr 2005 08:15

Teri There are 10 + pages of Samuel Smith born in 1861 in the 1871 census alone. ~Jess~

The Bag

The Bag Report 4 Apr 2005 10:13

Daxvid, more to the point - where was George recorded to have been born! ~Jess~

The Bag

The Bag Report 4 Apr 2005 10:16

Timothy Criteria: Florence Stevens/Res Liverpool /Born 1900+/-1 yr = 0 ..................................... West Derby might return better results; Name: Stevens, Florence Victoria Record Type: Births Quarter: September Year: 1900 District: West Derby County: Lancashire Volume: 8b Page: 264 ............................... Are you SURE they were still there?