Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Who are we looking for in Leicester (Part Three)

Page 0 + 1 of 12

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Beverly

Beverly Report 6 Feb 2005 22:35

I am Looking for Strettons,Masters,Gilfords and Packwoods

sarahjw03

sarahjw03 Report 6 Feb 2005 23:02

1st one eh?! Mike, for a giant sized bottle of prozac, I am looking for the maiden name of Daniel Staniforths wife Sarah. She was born circa 1840 Earl Shilton, he was born circa 1832 in Barwell. I believe that their 1st child was born in 1863! Hows that for starters, and whats this about your drug taking now extending to brasso?! Tut tut! Sarah

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC)

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC) Report 6 Feb 2005 23:12

Greeting's Sarah..... It was a prezie from Jane ......:0P So has this 1st Child of Daniel & Sarah got a name ? MIKE

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC) Report 7 Feb 2005 00:39

Greeting's Again Sarah.... Thought we'd start on an easy one ....umm ...WRONG.... Anyway here they are in 1871. RG 10 / 3238 / Folder 32 / Page 23. Barwell. High Street. Daniel Staniforth. Head. Mar. 39. F.W.K. b. Earl Stilton. Sarah. Wife. 30. b. Earl Stilton. George. Son. 8. Scholar. b. .....Ditto. Farmer. Son. 6. Scholar. b. Barwell. Maria. Dau. 4. .....b. ....Ditto. William. Son. 2. .....b. Ditto. Eliza. Dau. 2 Months old. .....b. ....Ditto. ********************** On the Census image I can make out Daniels age as 39 But the typed details on index Say's 30....Grrr Also the typed details state Fenner as Farmer.....Grrr and with a name like that I KNOW we've got the right family. Found a marriage in 1852 but it stated either an Emma King or Elizabeth Newton. in Market Bosworth Area.... So looked up Farmers birth. So to find out Sarah's maiden name put your hand in your pocket and order the following :- Jan.~ Feb. ~ Mar. Qrt. 1865. FARMER STANIFORTH. Hinckley. Cert. No. 7 a. 62 a. Or it looks like he was registered twice :- Jan.~ Feb.~ Mar. Qrt. 1865. FARMER STANIFORD. Hinckley. Cert No. 7 a. 63. But I think you go for the top one…… MIKE.

sarahjw03

sarahjw03 Report 7 Feb 2005 19:44

Ooh Mike, as you know, my family are complex creatures, not content with having silly names like Farmer, they name more than one at a time by the same name. I have 3 Farmer Staniforths in my tree, all born about the same time. Not only this, but there are three Daniels, born about the same time, 2 cousins and one a brother who died. They are a confusing lot, who knows which ones lived and which ones died?! Its harder as they clearly couldn't write or do sums so things on census records change! I shall order the certificate as suggested by you, and see where it takes me. It is guaranteed to be the son of some random Staniforth and a Hincks....! No doubt I will be back... Is brasso any good??!!! LOL THANKYOU MIKE X Sarah

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC) Report 7 Feb 2005 20:20

Greeting's Again Sarah ... Aye up M'Duck......lol :0)) You missed out those who " B*****ed off " to the far flung corners of Derbyshire to play at Gamekeepers along with son !! ... MIKE.

sarahjw03

sarahjw03 Report 7 Feb 2005 20:40

Oh yeah, I forgot that one (he had someone elses child in tow didnt he?!), and those lot who did the wheelbarrow thing from Syston to Melton.....Ssshhh!! Its no wonder I have 2 heads!!! Sarah

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC) Report 7 Feb 2005 21:18

There you go then..... & it's not my Family.... Good job someomes on the ball.... Take 100 lines " Must pay more attention !!! ".....lol :0)))

sarahjw03

sarahjw03 Report 7 Feb 2005 21:24

Only if I can copy and paste!!! Sarah (Am going now before this board is renamed Sarah and Mike chatting idly as they are stuck on their trees!!!)

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC) Report 7 Feb 2005 22:00

No !!!!! ..... that's not allowed long hand only...... And I ain't the one stuck with me tree.!!!! I'm happy to be back to the start of the 1600's...:0P

sarahjw03

sarahjw03 Report 7 Feb 2005 23:09

Yes but you didn't find any Hincks did ya? Theres one lurking in all of us!!! If you get back another 400 years you will find one "missing link Hincks"!! LOL! Sarah

Beverly

Beverly Report 8 Feb 2005 17:53

Hi Mike i dont think you will need any prozac for this one can you please look on 1861 for a william martin birth 1849 Wigston. If ive got it right i think his parents are john martin and hesibah if ive spelt it right.Some of the names i get lol thank you Bev

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC) Report 8 Feb 2005 18:34

Greeting's Again Beverley.... There you go spelling's are all correct...... RG 9 / 2255 / Page. 64~64a. Wigston Magna. New-gate End. John Martin. Head. Mar. 37. F.W.K. b. Wigston. HEPHZIBARH. Wife. 37. Seamer. b Wigston. WILLIAM.B. Son. 12. F.W.K. b. Wigston. Page 64a. John Martin. Son. 10. Winder. b. Leicester. Sarah. Dau. 10 (think age is wrong) Scholar. b. Wigston. George. Son. 8. Scholar. b. Wigston. JOEL. Son. 6. Scholar. b. Leicester LYDA. Dau. 1. b. Leicester. *************** Hope this helps ... MIKE.

Beverly

Beverly Report 8 Feb 2005 19:12

Thanks mike thats great got john on 1871 census but hes married to somebody else and williams already married and left home. Just found that hezsibah died 1865. with you getting me the children they match 1871 census so now i know its right one. thanks again your a star Bev

Willsy once more

Willsy once more Report 8 Feb 2005 19:24

Hi Mike and all, Long time no prozac. Have made contact with a possible rel and she needs some confirmation on the 1861 census and was rather hoping you could help Mike. Can you check on the 1861 census for William Toach 35 b Leics Henrietta 37 b Cromer Jeremiah b Leics possibly 10 or 11 They might if they stayed put be in Metcalf Street Thanks Elaine

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC) Report 8 Feb 2005 19:30

Greeting's Again Beverley...... Burial found for Welford Road Cemetery Leicester :- Name / Dates. / Age. / Last address./ Parish. / U = Unconsecrated Ground. R1 = Section. 2431. =Plot No. C = Common Land. 22170. = Burial No. MARTIN HEPHZIBAH 29 APR 1869 46 LEICESTER INFIRMARY HOSPITAL. SAINT MARY U R1 2431 C 22170. MIKE.

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC) Report 8 Feb 2005 20:19

Greeting’s Elaine…… Sorry they didn’t appear on the 1861. Census for the whole of Leicestershire & City…. The only Toach was:- RG 9 / 2290/ Page. 53. No. 20.Foundry Lane, Leicester. Thomas & Ann Toach.& Family. But here they are in 1851. in No. 15. Metcalf Street. Leicester. WILLIAM TOACH HEAD M 25 M F.W.K. Born Leicester. H TOACH WIFE M 27 F b. Cromer. Norfolk. J. R. TOACH SON 7 MTHS M b. Leicester. JAMES ROBINSON. LODG M 21 M F.W.K. b. Husband Bosworth. Leicestershire. And here they are in 1871.:- RG10 / 3274 / Folder No. 17 / Page. 28. St. Margaret’s Parish. 13 Lead Street. William Toach. Head. Mar. 44. F.W.K. b. Leicester. Henrietta. Wife. 47. b. Cromer. Norfolk. Richard. Son. Um. 21. Bricklayer. B. Leicester. Harriett. Dau. Um. 18. Warehouse Girl. B. Leicester. William. Son. 11. Scholar. B. Leicester. Jeremiah. Son. 8. Scholar. B. Leicester. Robert. B. Son. 3. b. Leicester. ******************************* I Think the J. R. on the 1851. is Richard on the 1871. ? Jerimiah doesn't appear until 1863. MIKE.

Willsy once more

Willsy once more Report 8 Feb 2005 20:32

Thanks Mike, Many thanks for the info, I keep coming back to Foundry Lane with half of my lot LOL. Do you have records for Saffron Hill Cemetery? This is where my Albert Victor Ward is buried my Uncle says. Elaine

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC) Report 8 Feb 2005 20:37

Greeting's Again Elaine.... Sorry I've not the records for Saffron Lane Cemetery. But if you get in touch with the following they might be able to help :- Leicester City Council. Leicester Cemeteries Office. No. 2 Welford Place. LEICESTER. LE1. Tel. 0116 2527 382. MIKE.

Willsy once more

Willsy once more Report 8 Feb 2005 20:54

Thanks Mike Will do when I find his deth cert Elaine