Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Lowe

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Victoria

Victoria Report 30 Aug 2006 07:41

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to find descendants of my great grandfather Richard Alfred Urwick Lowe and my great grandmother Adelaide Victoria Prosser. Unforfunately, my ggrandfather was believed to have died in the war and when my ggrandmother contracted TB and was hospitalised, all of their children were split up and either went to family or friends. The children never returned to their mother's care. However, I now know that my ggrandfather did not die until 1969, he was then resident at Shelton Hospital Shrewsbury. He had been a patient there from April 1919.

Their children were called:-

Thomas Alfred Lowe 1907
Florence Adelaide Lowe 1909
George Urwick Lowe 1911
Ethel May Lowe 1912
Dorothy Marie Lowe 1914
Richard Henry Lowe 1915 (known as Bob or Dave)
Gertrude Amy Lowe 1916 (known as Amy)
Lilian Elsie Lowe 1918 (known as Elsie)

My grandmother only had contact with Tom, Flo and George.

Would love to be able to contact descendents of all the children.

I am also looking to trace descendants of Edith Mary Lowe born in 1928 who is my gran's half sister. I believe she married a Samuel Wall and lived in the Shard End area of Birmingham.

Update: Have managed to contact descendents of Lilian Elsie, Ethel May and Gertrude Amy Lowe

Dorothy

Dorothy Report 16 Jun 2008 18:32

was your gertrude a sister of ernest thomas lowe

Victoria

Victoria Report 17 Jun 2008 19:50

Hi Dorothy

Not as far as I know.

Good Luck with your search

Best Wishes

Jane