Help Centre - Frequently Asked Questions
Complete FAQ Listing
- I need an instant password reminder/ I can't login
- How do I print my tree?
- How do I stop my subscription/ renewal payment before it is due?
- How Do I Delete My Tree?
- How do I view trees that have been shared with me?
- How much are pay-per-view credits?
- What is the Keepsafe?
- Where are my Hot Matches?
- How do I import or export a gedcom file?
- What subscriptions do you offer?
- How much does it cost?
- How can I pay?
- How Can I Take Out A Free Trial?
- I DON'T WANT TO RENEW my subscription - how do I cancel it?
- Will I Be Charged Anything For The Free Trial?
- How do I change the card I pay with?
- When will you renew my subscription?
- Why has my renewal payment failed?
- I want to change my subscription
- I would like a refund of the payment that I made
- What is Gifting?
- How do I redeem a gift voucher?
- How do I print out my family tree?
- Why can't I see the 'Save' tab on my details panel?
- How do I add a name to my tree?
- How do I edit details already in my tree?
- How do I view other trees?
- Why can't I see all of my shared trees on my dashboard?
- How do I remove someone from my tree?
- How do I change the parents of someone in my tree?
- How do I change my root person/tree owner?
- Where are my relation's photos and notes?
- Exporting Gedcoms
- Importing Gedcoms
- What are Relative Profiles?
- What is the List view?
- How do I upload a photo to my tree?
- Deleting your Family Tree
- Building your Family Tree
- Viewing your Family Tree
- Printable Charts
- Living relatives
- Privatising your Family Tree
- Which Census records do you have?
- Which BMD records do you have?
- Which British Newspapers do you have?
- How much do records cost?
- Where are the Parish records?
- Which Military records do you have?
- Which Parish records do you have?
- Which Travel and Migration records do you have?
- British Newspaper Archive
- Scottish and Irish records
- Using the Birth/Marriage/Death records - UPDATED
- Ordering certificates
- What are the Electoral Roll records?
- Saving the records
- Reporting errors with records
- Searching the census - UPDATED
- How do I get a password reminder?
- Trouble signing in/ login details not accepted
- I want to delete my registration
- I have a new email address - how do I update my membership?
- I seem to have more than one registration
- I have multiple registrations with my email address, do I need to do anything?
- Please remove me from your mailing list
- How do I update my message board profile?
- How do I make the text bigger or smaller on my screen?
- Online safety
How much does it cost?
It is free to register with Genes Reunited. Here are some of the things you can do once you have registered:
• you can build your family tree using our online tree builder
• you can search the names on the site to find possible matches with the names in your tree
• you can upload photos and scanned images to your Keepsafe and attach these images to relations in your family tree
• you can reply to any messages sent to you by other members
• if you already have experience in researching your family history you can import your Gedcom file in to your Genes Reunited family tree
We offer 2 types of subscription – standard and platinum. A description of each one is shown below.
You’ll be able to see how much each one costs when you click on to the Subscription page. We show the price in different currencies depending on where you live. If you are currently subscribed, you'll only see the options available to you. The link to subscribe can be found in the top right hand corner of the page.
This is available for either one month or a year (£19.95/£79.95).
• Contact other members from your search results
• Accept invitations to view their trees
• Post photos and scanned images such as certificates to your Keepsafe, and attach these images to relations in your tree
• Add messages to the message boards
You also get access to these records
• Indexed birth, marriage and death records from 1837 - 2006
• England and Wales Census records from 1841 to 1911
• Scottish census from 1841 to 1901
• Overseas birth, marriage and death records
• UK Electoral Roll information for 2002-2013
If you want to broaden your search, as a Platinum member you can buy additional access to more record sets, including
• Military records
• Parish records
• Travel and Overseas records
• British Newspaper Archive content
This is available for either £4.95 per month or you can buy a six monthly package at £14.95 or an annual package at £19.95 .
You’ll enjoy the same features as the Platinum package, but you only get access to the non-indexed births, marriage and death records. You can buy credits to access the rest of the records if you want to take your search further.
And if you’re curious to know more, but not sure you want to subscribe yet, you can register and build your family tree for free and buy Pay Per View credits to view records. They cost £5 for 50 credits or £17.95 for 200 credits and give you access to all of our records. You can purchase credits here.
Download our eBook
Whether you're new to family history or you've been researching your tree for some time, download our free eBook for hint and tips on how to get the best out of Genes Reunited.
Trace your living relatives
Whether you want to trace living relatives, plan a reunion or find out how to use Genes Reunited to find family links, download our guide for more information.
Build your family tree
You can build your family tree for free so be sure to add as many names as you can. Contact other members who have added the same names as you and watch your tree grow.
As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.