Help Centre - Frequently Asked Questions
Complete FAQ Listing
- I need an instant password reminder/ I can't login
- How do I print my tree?
- How do I stop my subscription/ renewal payment before it is due?
- How Do I Delete My Tree?
- How do I view trees that have been shared with me?
- How much are pay-per-view credits?
- What is the Keepsafe?
- Where are my Hot Matches?
- How do I import or export a gedcom file?
- What subscriptions do you offer?
- How much does it cost?
- How can I pay?
- How Can I Take Out A Free Trial?
- I DON'T WANT TO RENEW my subscription - how do I cancel it?
- Will I Be Charged Anything For The Free Trial?
- How do I change the card I pay with?
- When will you renew my subscription?
- Why has my renewal payment failed?
- I want to change my subscription
- I would like a refund of the payment that I made
- What is Gifting?
- How do I redeem a gift voucher?
- How do I print out my family tree?
- Why can't I see the 'Save' tab on my details panel?
- How do I add a name to my tree?
- How do I edit details already in my tree?
- How do I view other trees?
- Why can't I see all of my shared trees on my dashboard?
- How do I remove someone from my tree?
- How do I change the parents of someone in my tree?
- How do I change my root person/tree owner?
- Where are my relation's photos and notes?
- Exporting Gedcoms
- Importing Gedcoms
- What are Relative Profiles?
- What is the List view?
- How do I upload a photo to my tree?
- Deleting your Family Tree
- Building your Family Tree
- Viewing your Family Tree
- Printable Charts
- Living relatives
- Privatising your Family Tree
- Which Census records do you have?
- Which BMD records do you have?
- Which British Newspapers do you have?
- How much do records cost?
- Where are the Parish records?
- Which Military records do you have?
- Which Parish records do you have?
- Which Travel and Migration records do you have?
- British Newspaper Archive
- Scottish and Irish records
- Using the Birth/Marriage/Death records - UPDATED
- Ordering certificates
- What are the Electoral Roll records?
- Saving the records
- Reporting errors with records
- Searching the census - UPDATED
- How do I get a password reminder?
- Trouble signing in/ login details not accepted
- I want to delete my registration
- I have a new email address - how do I update my membership?
- I seem to have more than one registration
- I have multiple registrations with my email address, do I need to do anything?
- Please remove me from your mailing list
- How do I update my message board profile?
- How do I make the text bigger or smaller on my screen?
- Online safety
How much do records cost?
If you are using our pay per view credits, here is an explanation of the cost of individual records:
Birth index transcription: 5 credits
Marriage index transcription: 5 credits
Death index transcription: 5 credits
1841- 1871 and 1901 individual transcription costs: 5 credits
1881 individual transcription is free
1841 - 1901 census household transcription costs: 5 credits
1841 - 1901 census image costs: 5 credits
1911 Individual transcription: 5 credits
1911 Household transcription: 5 credits
1911 Census image and Enumerators summary : 5 credits
WW1 or WW2 transcribed page costs: 3 credits
WW1 or WW2 actual image costs: 3 credits
Passenger lists transcription: 5 credits
Passenger lists image: 5 credits
Indian records: 5 credits
UK passport application: 5 credits
Anglo-Boer War 1899-1902 Records: 15 credits
New Zealand WW1 soldiers: 10 credits
Royal Naval Officers 1914-1920: 10 credits
Soldiers Died in the Great War 1914-1919 : 10 credits
WWII Prisoners of War: 10 credits
Anglo-Boer War 1899-1902 Records : 15 credits
Waterloo Medal Roll 181 : 5 credits
Army List 1787: 5 credits
Army List 1798: 5 credits
Army List August 1878: 5 credits
East India Register and Army List 1855: 5 credits
Grenadier Guards 1656-1874: 5 credits
Harts Army List 1841: 5 credits
Harts Army List 1888: 5 credits
Indian Army and Civil Service List 1873: 5 credits
Peninsula Medal Roll 1793-1814: 5 credits
Waterloo Roll Call 1815: 5 credits
Armed forces births 1761-1994: 5 credits
Armed forces marriages 1818-1994: 5 credits
Armed forces deaths 1796-1994: 5 credits
New Zealand WW1 soldiers: 10 credits
Parish records - these vary and cost between 5 and 20 credits
British Newspaper Archive content - 5 credits
Sending a message to another member: 30 credits
It costs £5 for 50 credits. The credits last for 30 days and then expire. You can also buy 200 credits for £17.95. These credits last for 90 days.
If you purchase pay per view credits, you will only have continual access to the images you've viewed for the validity of the credits. After that, you'll use credits to view them again.
If you have a Platinum subscription you have unlimited access to images you've viewed for the duration of the subscription.
Download our eBook
Whether you're new to family history or you've been researching your tree for some time, download our free eBook for hint and tips on how to get the best out of Genes Reunited.
Trace your living relatives
Whether you want to trace living relatives, plan a reunion or find out how to use Genes Reunited to find family links, download our guide for more information.
Build your family tree
You can build your family tree for free so be sure to add as many names as you can. Contact other members who have added the same names as you and watch your tree grow.
The British Newspaper Archive
Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?