Help Centre - Frequently Asked Questions
Complete FAQ Listing
- I need an instant password reminder/ I can't login
- I am receiving the following error message - HTTP Error 503 - Service Unavailable...
- How do I print my tree?
- How do I delete my tree?
- How do I view trees that have been shared with me?
- How do I stop my subscription/ renewal payment before it is due?
- How much are pay-per-view credits?
- What is the Keepsafe?
- Where are my Hot Matches?
- How do I import or export a gedcom file?
- How do I get a password reminder?
- Trouble signing in/ login details not accepted
- I have a new email address - how do I update my membership?
- I have multiple registrations with my email address, do I need to do anything?
- Why can't I create another membership with my email address?
- Please remove me from your mailing list
- I want to delete my registration
- I seem to have more than one registration
- How do I update my message board profile?
- How do I make the text bigger or smaller on my screen?
- Online safety
- How much does it cost?
- How can I pay?
- I DON'T WANT TO RENEW my subscription - how do I cancel it?
- How do I change the card I pay with?
- When will you renew my subscription?
- Why has my renewal payment failed?
- I would like a refund of the payment that I made
- I want to change my subscription
- I'd like to pay by cheque
- What is the Keepsafe?
- What can I add to my Keepsafe?
- How do I add something to my Keepsafe?
- What file types do you accept?
- What are My Folders?
- What are edit, attach and move?
- How do I attach an item to someone in my tree?
- How do I share an item with another member?
- How do I search the photos and media?
- Can I add someone else’s item to my Keepsafe?
- Can I add records to my Keepsafe?
- What happens when I attach an item to a relative?
- The image I want to see is blurred.
- Can I print out items from my Keepsafe?
- How do I print out my family tree?
- Why can't I see all of my shared trees on my dashboard?
- Why can't I see the 'Save' tab on my details panel?
- Why am I returned to the root person when I search for a name in my tree?
- How do I add a name to my tree?
- How do I save changes after I've added a relation or amended their details?
- How do I edit details already in my tree?
- How do I remove someone from my tree?
- How do I change the parents of someone in my tree?
- How do I change my root person/tree owner?
- Where are my relation's photos and notes?
- How do I view other trees?
- How can I view the records I've attached to my relations?
- What is the List view?
- Deleting your Family Tree
- Building your Family Tree
- Viewing your Family Tree
- Printable Charts
- Living relatives
- Privatising your Family Tree
- Tree permissions
- Which Census records do you have?
- Searching all records - NEW!
- Where are the Parish records? NEW!
- Scottish Census records
- Which BMD records do you have?
- Which Military records do you have?
- Which Parish records do you have?
- Which British Newspapers do you have?
- Which Travel and Migration records do you have?
- British Newspaper Archive
- Scottish and Irish records
- Using the Birth/Marriage/Death records - UPDATED
- Attaching and removing census images
- Automatic matching
- How much do records cost?
- Ordering certificates
- What are the Electoral Roll records?
- 1871 census information for Wales
- Saving the records
- Reporting errors with records
- Searching the census - UPDATED
Which Parish records do you have?
The registration of births, deaths and marriages began in 1837. The first census records we have are from 1841. We do have Parish Records on the site. These contain baptism, marriage and burial records that date back to 1538. We have put together a guide on how to use these records. This can be found here.
You can also use Genes Reunited and search for your relatives born before the records began. You can use the search trees area of the site to search for names. Also, when you open your tree we will show you if any of the names in it match with names added by our members. You can then make contact with them and see if you are possibly related.
Here is a full list of the Parish Records that we have on the site:
Baptisms of Frant, Sussex
Billingshurst Burials and Probate
Boyd's 1st Misc
Boyd's London Burials
Boyd's Marriage Index 1538-1840
Bradford Burial Index
Bradford Parish Church Burials, Yorkshire
Brayton St Wilfred Burials
British Overseas Marriages
Burials of Frant, Sussex
Cemetery Burials and Memorial Inscriptions for Victoria
Chepstow non-conformists registers
Cleveland Memorial Inscriptions
Clifton Road Cemetery Memorial Inscriptions (Rugby)
Cornwall Memorial Inscriptions
Derbyshire Registrars Birth Index
Derbyshire Registrars Death Index
Derbyshire Registrars Marriage Index
Dorset Memorial Inscriptions
Dorset Monumental Inscriptions
Durham Baptisms part 2
East Kent Burial Index
Elland St Mary Baptisms
Elland St Mary Burials
Elland St Mary Marriages
Elmton, Derbyshire Baptisms
Elmton, Derbyshire Burials
Elmton, Derbyshire Marriages
Essex Memorial Inscriptions
Faculty Office Marriage Licences
Glamorgan Burial Index
Glamorgan Marriage Index pre-1837
Glamorgan Monumental Inscription index
Gwent FHS Baptisms
Gwent FHS Baptisms - Blackwood Branch
Gwent FHS Baptisms - Chepstow Branch
Gwent FHS Baptisms - Pontypool Branch
Gwent FHS Burials
Gwent FHS Burials - Blackwood Branch
Gwent FHS Burials - Chepstow Branch
Gwent FHS Marriages
Gwent FHS Marriages - Blackwood Branch
Gwent FHS Marriages - Chepstow Branch
Gwent Non-conformist Baptisms
Gwent Non-conformist marriages
Halifax St John Baptisms
Halifax St John Burials
Halifax St John Marriages
Lincolnshire Cemetery Registers
Lincolnshire Marriage Index
Lincolnshire Marriage Licence Bonds and Allegations
Lincolnshire Monumental Inscriptions
Lincolnshire Parish Bastardy Cases
Lincolnshire Workhouse Deaths
Manchester and Oldham Burials
Marriages of Frant, Sussex
Marriages Prestwich, Lancashire
Mid Norfolk Baptisms
Mid Norfolk Monumental Inscriptions
Middlesex Baptisms - Cliff Webb
Middlesex Burials & MIs - Cliff Webb
Monmouth Workhouse Baptisms
Monmouth Workhouse Burials
N Cheshire Burials of Non-residents
N Cheshire Memorial Inscriptions
Newspaper Funeral Notices for Country Victoria
North Yorkshire Baptisms
North Yorkshire Non-conformist Baptisms
Northumberland and Durham Baptisms
Northumberland and Durham Burials
Northumberland and Durham Marriages
Northumberland and Durham Memorial Inscriptions
Pleasington Priory Burials
Plymouth Baptism Register
Plymouth Deaths & Burials
Plymouth Marriage Register
Pontefract District Baptisms
Pontefract District Burials
Pontefract District Marriages
Pontypool Marriage Announcements
Rookwood Cemetery Burials
Sarum Marriage Licence Bonds
Somerset Marriages pre-1754 & post-1754
Somerset Monumental Inscriptions
St Andrew's Holborn Marriage Index 1754-1812
St Leonard Shoreditch Burials
St Mary, Lambeth Burials 1777-1838
Suffolk Baptism Index
Suffolk Early Burials Index
Suffolk Marriage Index
Suffolk Marriage Index 1813-1837
Thames & Medway Baptisms
Thames & Medway Burials
Thames & Medway Marriages
Tunbridge Wells Baptisms
Tunbridge Wells Congregational Baptisms
Tunbridge Wells Congregational Marriages
Tunbridge Wells Marriages
Vicar General Marriage Licences
Wakefield district Baptisms
Wakefield district Burials
Wakefield district marriages
West Middlesex Marriage Index
Wiltshire Baptisms (pre-1837)
Wiltshire Memorial Inscription Index
Download our eBook
Whether you're new to family history or you've been researching your tree for some time, download our free eBook for hint and tips on how to get the best out of Genes Reunited.
Trace your living relatives
Whether you want to trace living relatives, plan a reunion or find out how to use Genes Reunited to find family links, download our guide for more information.
Build your family tree
You can build your family tree for free so be sure to add as many names as you can. Contact other members who have added the same names as you and watch your tree grow.
As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.