Help Centre - Frequently Asked Questions
Complete FAQ Listing
- I need an instant password reminder/ I can't login
- How do I print my tree?
- How do I stop my subscription/ renewal payment before it is due?
- How Do I Delete My Tree?
- How do I view trees that have been shared with me?
- How much are pay-per-view credits?
- What is the Keepsafe?
- Where are my Hot Matches?
- How do I import or export a gedcom file?
- What subscriptions do you offer?
- How much does it cost?
- How can I pay?
- How Can I Take Out A Free Trial?
- I DON'T WANT TO RENEW my subscription - how do I cancel it?
- Will I Be Charged Anything For The Free Trial?
- How do I change the card I pay with?
- When will you renew my subscription?
- Why has my renewal payment failed?
- I want to change my subscription
- I would like a refund of the payment that I made
- What is Gifting?
- How do I redeem a gift voucher?
- How do I print out my family tree?
- Why can't I see the 'Save' tab on my details panel?
- How do I add a name to my tree?
- How do I edit details already in my tree?
- How do I view other trees?
- Why can't I see all of my shared trees on my dashboard?
- How do I remove someone from my tree?
- How do I change the parents of someone in my tree?
- How do I change my root person/tree owner?
- Where are my relation's photos and notes?
- Exporting Gedcoms
- Importing Gedcoms
- What are Relative Profiles?
- What is the List view?
- How do I upload a photo to my tree?
- Deleting your Family Tree
- Building your Family Tree
- Viewing your Family Tree
- Printable Charts
- Living relatives
- Privatising your Family Tree
- Which Census records do you have?
- Which BMD records do you have?
- Which British Newspapers do you have?
- How much do records cost?
- Where are the Parish records?
- Which Military records do you have?
- Which Parish records do you have?
- Which Travel and Migration records do you have?
- British Newspaper Archive
- Scottish and Irish records
- Using the Birth/Marriage/Death records - UPDATED
- Ordering certificates
- What are the Electoral Roll records?
- Saving the records
- Reporting errors with records
- Searching the census - UPDATED
- How do I get a password reminder?
- Trouble signing in/ login details not accepted
- I want to delete my registration
- I have a new email address - how do I update my membership?
- I seem to have more than one registration
- I have multiple registrations with my email address, do I need to do anything?
- Please remove me from your mailing list
- How do I update my message board profile?
- How do I make the text bigger or smaller on my screen?
- Online safety
How can I pay?
You can choose to subscribe to our site by clicking on the 'Subscribe' link at the top of your homepage. You can pay in several different ways which are outlined below:
You can subscribe online using a credit or debit card. We use Datacash as our online payment company and they use the latest encryption technology with their secure servers so you can rest assured your card details are safe. Once you have entered your card details and paid, we will send you an email receipt and the subscription will be instant.
If you would prefer to pay by post, we are happy to accept sterling cheques, postal orders or international money orders made payable to Genes Reunited Limited at our postal address. By clicking on the 'subscribe' link you'll see the different subscription options and you can choose which one suits you best.
Please note, we can only accept cheque payments for full subscriptions. We can't accept cheques for discounted amounts and promotional offers.
If you'd like to pay by cheque then please send your cheque to the following address:
Genes Reunited Accounts,
Dundee, DD2 1TP
(Please note that this address is for cheque payments only and no other correspondance should be sent here).
Please write on the back of the cheque or money order Genes Reunited, your name and email address used to register with Genes Reunited.
If you live in Australia you can also pay by cheque. Please enclose a cheque or money order made payable to Brightsolid Online Publishing, Australia P/L. Please write your email address on the back of the cheque together with your name and address. Without this information we cannot process your subscription. New Zealand and South Africa customers, please send an international money order or bank cheque in Australian Dollars only to the following address:
PO Box 101
Stanhope Gardens NSW 2768
We will send you a receipt when your payment has been processed.
If you would like to pay using PayPal then click on the PayPal logo on the payment page and follow the on screen instructions. As we take a payment instantly then your PayPal account must be linked to a bank account.
Download our eBook
Whether you're new to family history or you've been researching your tree for some time, download our free eBook for hint and tips on how to get the best out of Genes Reunited.
Trace your living relatives
Whether you want to trace living relatives, plan a reunion or find out how to use Genes Reunited to find family links, download our guide for more information.
Build your family tree
You can build your family tree for free so be sure to add as many names as you can. Contact other members who have added the same names as you and watch your tree grow.
New Military Records
Was your ancestor a war hero?
View thousands of new military records including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.