Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Holroyd

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Adele

Adele Report 24 Sep 2008 19:22

My partner was born David Holroyd in 1950 in Mile end London, Trying to find Holroyd who was his father, He married Irene Olive Carter (his mother) in 1937 in Romford,(We believe) Can anybody help fill in the gaps of his ancestry.

Brian

Brian Report 24 Sep 2008 19:26

Adele,
Have you got the marriage certificate? have you got your siblings details? It would help to give what you have already to prevent reseach being carried out for data you already have.

Regards

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 24 Sep 2008 19:28

His fathers name was Richard E Holroyd?

You will need to order the marriage cert to be able to know his age and who his father was. Once you have his birth you will then be able to look for Siblings etc.

Richard E Holroyd married Carter, 3Q 1937, Romford, 4a 2089.

You can order the marriage cert online at the GRO, you should never pay anything more than £7. If you still live in the area it might be faster to drop into Romford registry office and order it in person.

Tracey

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 24 Sep 2008 19:31

Marriage
Richard E. Holroyd
Irene O.Carter
1937 quarter 3 (Jly/Aug/Sept)
Romford
Volume 4a
Page 2089

Sheila

Sheila Report 24 Sep 2008 20:06

Do you know if his middle intial stood for Enos ?
Just found this death reg

Richard Enos Holroyd 18 Apr 1917 Apr 1995 78 Reading and Wokingham Berkshire

joan

joan Report 29 Aug 2011 08:30

Hi Richard Holroyd was my father and Irene Carter my mother, not sure how this works,just read the rules and its not possible to leave my contact details, hope you recieve this information as I am one of your siblings for sure. Take care. Joan. .

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 29 Aug 2011 09:14

Hello Joan and welcome to the boards.
Adele posted this thread back in 2008.........and so it is doubtful that she will check back on it now.
If you click on her name, you can send her a personal message and if she is still a member with the same email address, GR will contact her to let her know she has received a message from you.

Good luck...PH.

Edit: I meant to say Adele and not Sheila!

joan

joan Report 29 Aug 2011 09:23

Hi this is joan,my message was for Adele whose partner is David, born David Holroyd, my father was Richard Holroyd,my mother Irene Olive Carter. So David is a sibling of mine. Please get in touch via genes reunited. With thanks Joan

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 29 Aug 2011 09:28

Click on Adele's name Joan and you can send her a message.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 29 Aug 2011 09:50

Ooo - how wonderful! Hopefully Adele is still using the same email address as she did in 2008.

As PricklyHolly said, send her a PM by clicking on her name. You can check if she has read the PM by looking at your out box on GR. The envelope will be white if she has, or purple if she hasn't. Give it, say, 4 weeks. If its still purple, you could try finding her address, which might be listed on 192.com. You would have to pay to view, or you could start a thread on Living Relatives, and hope that someone can access it for you.

Good luck

Beatrice

Beatrice Report 26 Sep 2011 14:36

My husband was Ronald Holroyd before he was put up for adoption his mother was Irene Carter and father was Richard Holroyd, does anyone know of Ronald i have a list of names sent to me and i,m just trying to find a family belonging to Ronald Holroyd (now White)

Thank you from wife Lorraine White x

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 26 Sep 2011 14:53

Cor! Another sibling!!!

Lorraine, from my previous post

As PricklyHolly said, send her a PM by clicking on her name. You can check if she has read the PM by looking at your out box on GR. The envelope will be white if she has, or purple if she hasn't. Give it, say, 4 weeks. If its still purple, you could try finding her address, which might be listed on 192.com. You would have to pay to view, or you could start a thread on Living Relatives, and hope that someone can access it for you.

In your instance, click on both Joan's and Adele's names and send them a message off board. As Joan only posted a few weeks ago, she still ought to be a member.

All best wishes for a successful reunion. :-D :-D