Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

no louck

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Clare

Clare Report 2 Apr 2010 18:25

hi stiill tryin 2 track my dads family down they where stafford from oldham lancs please help thanks

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 2 Apr 2010 18:26

Can you give your father's name, date and place of birth?

Clare

Clare Report 2 Apr 2010 18:31

thomas stafford 1927 oldham lancs

Cheshiremaid

Cheshiremaid Report 2 Apr 2010 18:37

Thomas's birth ??

Name: Thomas Stafford
Mother's Maiden Surname: Bright
Date of Registration: Jul Aug Sep 1927
Registration district: Oldham
Registration county: Lancashire
Volume Number: 8d
Page Number: 1137 (click to see others on page)

Linda

Clare

Clare Report 2 Apr 2010 18:45

that is the correct details if you chck my other threads it was a big family but my dad passed 1n 2000 x

patchem

patchem Report 2 Apr 2010 19:37

Clare,
We are not going to spend our time looking/searching in your other threads.
Please can you summarise what you know, and what we need to know/find out.
Thanks

Cheshiremaid

Cheshiremaid Report 3 Apr 2010 02:09

Hi Clare..

May I suggest please that you delete this thread and nudge up your old thread, so that we are not duplicating information that you already have.

Also adding that you are looking for extra information.

Unfortunately my "advanced thread" search doesn't seem to be working at the moment.

Linda x

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 3 Apr 2010 17:49

Linda, if you click on F5 when using your advanced search it will kick start it for some unknown reason!!

Clare posted several threads back in November but didn't always return to them and she added to a couple of old ones too. I guess she is not too used to using this site. Mind you, I did send her a couple of my messages on how to return and respond but she didn't reply to me either!

Clare, if you are looking for living relatives, then just put their names into the search box above to see if anyone on this site has them in their tree. If you find a connection, you can contact the tree owner. Regards. Cx.

Rambling

Rambling Report 3 Apr 2010 18:20

I have nudged just one of Clare's previous threads, so that helpers are not duplicating what is already known :)

Cheshiremaid

Cheshiremaid Report 4 Apr 2010 01:36

Hello Cynthia...many thanks for the tip.

Hi Clare...checking on the search box above as Cynthia advised..there is a member with Thomas Stafford b1927 Oldham in their tree.

Linda x