Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Any descendants of William Scott & Ivy McMaster

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

William

William Report 5 Nov 2011 02:26

William J W Scott & Ivy E McMaster. lived Toowoomba Qld. Australia 1936.

jax

jax Report 5 Nov 2011 04:04

Maybe you should add Australia to your title

Have you also tried the search trees?

Patricia

Patricia Report 5 Nov 2011 09:25

Hello William,
Found their marriage in NSW in 1934 and also on Electoral roll in 1936 in Toowoomba. Have looked and cannot seem to find them after this time.
Do you have any other info on them please. eg. Parents names and dates of birth etc.
Patricia.

William

William Report 7 Nov 2011 00:54

Many thanks jax & Patricia for replying.
Patricia, I have got to the same point but am unable to access birth records to find if they had offspring. (Who may well be alive)
Wiliam was son of Samuel Scott 1873 & Mary Jack Wright 1876 and was born in Stenhousrmuir Stirlingshire in 1902. He had a brother Samuel 1898 (my father) and another James 1900 died 1902. No evidence suggests that they returned to the UK but they could have gone elsewhere I suppose.
Unless someone can suggest how I can access other records here I really am stuck.
I have rightly been admonished for not standing by for replies but as I am 10.5 hours ahead of UK it means I have to put up messages at night..
Again Thankyou.
William

Lynski

Lynski Report 7 Nov 2011 04:24

Have you tried Search Trees on this site as jax suggested?

If you find a possible match you could contact the tree owner to see if you have a connection.

jax

jax Report 7 Nov 2011 05:20

William it does not matter what time you post there will be people on here 24/7 whether they are in the UK or not they can still help

Could William have fought in ww2?

William

William Report 7 Nov 2011 05:47

Have checked trees without finding any matches. Point taken about posting times.
The thought had ocured to me that he could have been in the services in WW2.Although he would have been 37 at start
William

William

William Report 5 Aug 2013 07:35

A long time later still trying. There is a possibility that William & Ivy moved to New Zealand. Also a relative says that they had a son called MacDonald. Still have not found anything though.
Wiliam