Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

can anyone help find a marriage

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christopher

Christopher Report 4 Aug 2005 23:18

i'm trying to find the mariage of edward gleed to caroline shepherd they had their first child arround 1900 i can only assume they were married by then i've not been able to find them on bmd any help would be much appreciated

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Aug 2005 23:20

Have you found them on the 1901 census and do they appear to be married then? Where were they living and do you know where their first child was born? nell

Smiley

Smiley Report 4 Aug 2005 23:22

Is this them in 1901, you don't give an area or any places of birth, these would be helpful Edward Gleed abt 1878 Limehouse, Middlesex, England Head Limehouse London Caroline Gleed abt 1877 Poplar, Middlesex, England Wife Limehouse London Sarah Ann Gleed abt 1899 Bromley, Middlesex, England Daughter Limehouse London Edward Gleed abt 1900 Bromley, Middlesex, England Son Limehouse London Mary Ann Gleed abt 1850 Poplar, Middlesex, England Visitor Limehouse London

Christopher

Christopher Report 4 Aug 2005 23:25

thanx for the help all i know are there names i think they had a son edward in 1900 hundred so that ties in i don't have access to the census pages so i can't track them through that

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Aug 2005 23:26

There are only 2 Caroline Gleeds on the 1901 index on the govt. site: AgeWhereBorn AdminCounty Civil Parish Occupation Caroline Gleed 19 Bristol Bristol Bristol Teacher, Board School Caroline Gleed 24 Middlesex Poplar London Limehouse I assume the second Caroline is yours, as if she was married she probably wouldn't have a job, so this looks like her husband: Edward Gleed 23 Middlesex Limehouse London Limehouse Bricklayers Labourer and this is presumably their son: Edward Gleed 11M Middlesex Bromley London Limehouse So I imagine the marriage might well have taken place in the Bromley/Limehouse area. nell

Christopher

Christopher Report 4 Aug 2005 23:29

thanks again this has given me something to go on. it looks like the grandmother was staying on census night if she was born 1850

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Aug 2005 23:30

No Edward Gleed marriage around that time, and I looked for Caroline She* in case her surname had been mispelt. Nothing.

Christopher

Christopher Report 4 Aug 2005 23:31

thanks anyway

Suzy

Suzy Report 4 Aug 2005 23:35

Christopher I cannot find a marriage between these two people. Are you sure of the spellings? Suzy

Smiley

Smiley Report 4 Aug 2005 23:37

How have you got Carolines maiden name? I have found this marriage Caroline Crooks + Edward Gleed - Orsett - 4a 1705 Marriage Sept quarter 1915

Christopher

Christopher Report 5 Aug 2005 13:53

i got her maiden name from her childs birth cert who was my g grand mother

Smiley

Smiley Report 5 Aug 2005 14:59

Perhaps they just didn't marry in that case Sam