Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Parents of.....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Denise

Denise Report 6 Jan 2008 21:34

Could someone please help me find the parents of Ralph Laverick born 1668 in Durham?

Sue in Somerset

Sue in Somerset Report 6 Jan 2008 21:39

The IGI has a man with the same name a generation older. I'd be tempted to think there might be a connection.

RAUPH LAVOROCKE Pedigree
Male

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Event(s):
Birth:
Christening: 16 JAN 1624 All Saints, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Northumberland, England

Death:
Burial:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Parents:
Father: ROBERT LAVOROCKE Family

Extracted birth or christening record for locality listed in the record. The source records are usually arranged chronologically by the birth or christening date.

Source Information:
Batch No.: Dates: Source Call No.: Type: Printout Call No.: Type:

P004291 1600 - 1720

No proof of course but unusual enough name to make me wonder.

Sue

Sue in Somerset

Sue in Somerset Report 6 Jan 2008 22:02

There's an Edward Laverick of the same generation as your Ralph.
EDWARD LAVERICK Pedigree
Male

Event(s):
Birth:
Christening: 14 OCT 1666 All Saints, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Northumberland, England

Death:
Burial:

Parents:
Father: EDWARD LAVERICK

I wonder if that is a sibling or cousin perhaps.

Then there is this possible relation.
LENNARD LAVERICK Pedigree
Male

Event(s):
Birth:
Christening: 18 APR 1652 St Andrew Par Reg And Nonconf, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Northumberland, England

Death:
Burial:

Parents:
Father: RALPH LAVERICK

It certainly isn't obvious who is who. Have you tried looking at original records or at Wills?

Sue