Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

GEORGE HOPPER

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret Elizabeth

Margaret Elizabeth Report 6 Oct 2010 21:35

sorry ive come to a standstill ,george hopper born 1898 lincoln i dont know his parents but he married a louisa buckley born 1902 lancs they had a son vernon. will i prob have to write this one off? many thanx if anyone can help but maybe not. i have tried another tree x mgt

patchem

patchem Report 6 Oct 2010 21:39

His father's name will be on his marriage certificate.

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 6 Oct 2010 21:40

If you obtain a copy of his marriage certificate that hopefully should name his father. With that info you may be able to locate him with his family in the census records.

Marriages Mar 1926 (>99%)
Buckley Louisa Hopper Manchester South 8d 31
Hopper George H Buckley Manchester S. 8d 31

How do you know where and when he was born? There was no George H Hopper birth registered in Lincolnshire in 1898. The nearest was the one below:

Births Jun 1903 (>99%)
Hopper George Henry Louth 7a 599

It looks possible that he died in Manchester in 1964:

Name: George H Hopper
Death Registration Month/Year: 1964
Age at death (estimated): 61
Registration district: Manchester
Inferred County: Lancashire
Volume: 10e
Page: 90

patchem

patchem Report 6 Oct 2010 21:44

This is the marriage:
Marriages Mar 1926
Buckley Louisa Hopper Manchester South 8d 31
Hopper George H Buckley Manchester S. 8d 31

George H Hopper

Why do you believe he was born in Lincoln in 1898 (Lincoln or Lincolnshire?)
Thanks

Added:
Snap Jonesey

Ozibird

Ozibird Report 6 Oct 2010 21:45

According to the marriage index he is George H Hopper. Is that correct?

There is no George H born anywhere in Lincolnshire about that time. There is a George Francis born Grimsby, 1897. You need to get the marriage cert. Either his age is wrong or he wasn't born in Lincolnshire, UK.

Ozi

Margaret Elizabeth

Margaret Elizabeth Report 6 Oct 2010 21:49

thank you everyone maybe i have got this one wrong. i shall apply for the marriage cert and thank you all for your help. it was always said he was from lincs but maybe not . i would like to thank you all again x mgt