Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

west virginia

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Glynis

Glynis Report 6 Dec 2010 09:36

please can you tell me how i go about finding relations here, do i have to go to another site to look up people in west virginia thanks

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 6 Dec 2010 10:38

I don't think that you will find anything on GR about people who live(d) in West Virginia, USA.

Depending upon what time period you are looking at there are some sites which may assist you. For example Ancestry has the US census records upto 1930. N.B. if you live in the UK you will need Ancestry Worldwide membership to view them.

It might pay you to put specific details (Name, birth date, Birthplace ect) of who you are looking for on this thread so that any other GR member who has access to other sites might be able to assist you.

Good luck

Glynis

Glynis Report 6 Dec 2010 10:44

many thanks and do i put a new thread on here to do that im not sure

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 6 Dec 2010 11:17

Normally it is best to only have one post about a particular subject but in this case it would not do any harm to create a new post as this one does not contain specific details of any individual.

Glynis

Glynis Report 6 Dec 2010 11:30

thank you

Geraldine

Geraldine Report 6 Dec 2010 11:32

good morning

another site is Find a grave .com .its another help full site

MaureeninNY

MaureeninNY Report 6 Dec 2010 13:35

Glynis,
If you're still looking for Naomi Norgan...the one in West Virginia married to Jeremiah Webb is not her. She (the one in W Virginia) was the daughter of Charles Morgan.

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.page/board/records_office/thread/1251364

(Someone has the marriage cert:
http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/WEBB/1997-12/0882659168)

Maureen

TrishOz

TrishOz Report 14 Dec 2010 22:41

Check if your local library has "Ancestry Library Edition". If so, this will give you FREE access to Ancestry, including any American records for Jeremiah and Naomi, e.g. US Census records.