Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Henry ???

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jane

Jane Report 7 Sep 2009 14:00

I hope somebody can help me with this one. I am searching for the birth details of a Henry Archer. I understand his date of birth to be 11 May 1912 somewhere in the UK but believe that he may not have been born under the name Archer as his father wasn't married at the time. Is there a way of searching anywhere by actual birthdays and just Christian Name (although I am sure there were a lot of Henry's born on that day. Would be grateful for any assistance.

Jane

Dea

Dea Report 7 Sep 2009 14:05

Henry Archer search brings up these two possibles:

Births Sep 1912 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ARCHER Henry G Piper Croydon 2a 692
ARCHER Henry J Houghton Aston 6d 783

Births for just 'henry' brings up this result - sorry:

Sorry, that search found 4327 matches and the maximum number that can be displayed is 3000.

Do you have any more details on him??

Dea x

Julcoe

Julcoe Report 7 Sep 2009 14:08

Did Henry's parents eventually marry ?

Do you know his mothers maiden name ?

Jane

Jane Report 7 Sep 2009 14:34

Many thanks

Henry 's father (well I assume he was) was an Ernest Archer . He eventually married somebody called Martha Blake in 1914 but I couldn't find a Henry Blake born in 1912 on that date so wondered whether Henry was Ernest's son and not Martha's. Hope that makes sense.

Jane

Jane

Jane Report 7 Sep 2009 14:34

Many thanks

Henry 's father (well I assume he was) was an Ernest Archer . He eventually married somebody called Martha Blake in 1914 but I couldn't find a Henry Blake born in 1912 on that date so wondered whether Henry was Ernest's son and not Martha's. Hope that makes sense.

Jane

ChristineinPortugal

ChristineinPortugal Report 7 Sep 2009 15:01

Do you actually have the marriage cert?

Had either of them been married before?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marriages Sep 1914 (>99%)

Archer Ernest G Blake Swindon 5a 99
Blake Martha Archer Swindon 5a 99

Christine

ChristineinPortugal

ChristineinPortugal Report 7 Sep 2009 18:42

Pm from Jane

That is the correct couple, but neither married beforehand. Martha has a son Robert in Dec 1913 who wasn't Ernest's son, but I don't think she had Henry in 1912. Unless I am missing something. Which makes me think that Henry was something to do with Ernest.

Are you sure of the birthdate?

Have you found Ernest and Martha in 1911 to find where they were living?

Christine

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 7 Sep 2009 19:01

Has Henry died, ...and if so, was it after 1969 when a birthplace should have been added on his death certificate.

Gwyn

Jane

Jane Report 8 Sep 2009 01:14

Thanks everybody for your help. I will just have to keep searching I guess. The date of birth was on paperwork I have but nothing else. and unforunately he died in 1966 so no birthplace on certificate.

Regards Jane