Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Archer

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

June

June Report 26 Sep 2003 11:07

I am trying to trace any relatives of my Grandfather Alfred Archer, his mother was Ellen Archer(father unknown), Ellen's parents were Mary Archer (nee Newman) born 1824 Grandborough Buckinghamshire and Henry Archer born c1824 Paddington, Marleybone ,Middlesex, they married at St John's church Paddington in 1852. Henry was a painter by trade, his father another Henry was a bottle merchant. Mary's father was Thomas Newman a horse dealer. Ellen my GGgrandmother was born 1854, I don't know of any other children, but suspect their may be a Henry. Ellen and her mother moved to Manchester in the late 1800's, they are recorded on the 1881c as living in the Cheetham area , my Grandfather was born in 1884, he had relatives in Weaste, salford, and Helsby near Chester. if you recognise any of these names please contact me