Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Searching for Bain family - Fife Scotland

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Wendy

Wendy Report 23 Jun 2008 21:30

I am trying to find about my grandparents, William Ballingall Bain (Maltsman) who married Margaret Yule Bain (M.S. Graham) on 8 December 1916 at Largoward Fife. They had my dad, Angus Frederick Bain on 4 April 1921 at Gilliesfaulds Cottages Fife. I believe my dad had two elder sisters, but not sure. My grandmother died when he was very young (I believe about 2). Family split up after that - only found out my grandmother's name today - know absolutely nothing about family. My dad is still alive but in poor health, and still won't talk about his family. William Bain died I believe in the 1940s in hospital. Any help would be gratefully received. Regards Wendy

alviegal

alviegal Report 23 Jun 2008 21:38

Do you have the marriage certificte? It will have both sets of parents on it.

Liz

Denis

Denis Report 4 Jun 2018 17:32

Hi Wendy,

I realize this thread is 10 years old, but if you're still watching it, I likely have information about your grandfather, his siblings and parents. I'll watch this thread for any reply.

My wife is a Bain, likely your 2nd cousin.

Denis Bourque (Ottawa, Canada)

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 4 Jun 2018 18:35

Welcome to the boards, Denis.

Wendy isn't likely to be looking for replies here after so long.

You can try sending her a private message - click on her name in green at the top of her post.
If she has kept GR updated with any change to her email address, they will notify her that there is a message from you in the system.

She may (or may not , for a wide variety of possible reasons) then be able and willing to read and reply to your message.

Good luck!