Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Barfoot

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Michael

Michael Report 13 Jun 2004 05:17

My name is Michael Andrew Pope I am seeking any information about the Barfoot side of the family, who originate from Winchester Hampshire England, (my Mothers family).Mum's name is Joan Lilian Pope nee (Barfoot), her mother, ( my Grandmother), was the youngest of thirteen children, her maiden name was Burton.My Grandmother's sisters name was Matilda, Nickname (Aunt Till),or in my case Great Aunt Till, Aunt Till's husbands surname was Tombs? or Tongue?. My Grandmothers Father was a Prison Warder in Winchester and a Army Sargent Major. As for my Grandfather on the Barfoot side his name was Arthur Henry Barfoot he was a Master Printer and had two half brothers,Steve and Reg one was a Builder by trade 1935-1937ish their surname was also eithier Tombs? or Tongue?. It was thought that my grandfather was brought up at least partly by two Maiden Aunts.Previous searches have appeared to say that he was an Army Officer. Anyone with information about this side of the family can contact me.My email address is [email protected].