Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

not a clue what to do, help!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angela

Angela Report 4 Jun 2008 10:01

im trying the the ancestors of my dads family, my dads name is thomas joseph blades, born in 1949 21st april, he has older brothers jimmy and kevin, and younger brothers denis and brian and sister sharon, none of them are close, thier parents thomas blades and doris allen, from middlesbrough didn't talk about their families so dad has no idea of were they came from he remembers his dad saying somthing about being gypsy's but not sure if its true, he knows his grandad and nana's name they were joseph blades and nellie? no surname, and his mams - mam and dad he has no idea about, no dates not anything but dad wants me to trace his tree! can anyone help, i dont know where to start, thank all, angie blades.

BarbaraFromYorkshire

BarbaraFromYorkshire Report 4 Jun 2008 10:20

Hi Angela,
Are your Dads parents still alive ? If not have you any idea when and where they died ? (if we can find death indexes this should give either birth dates or age at death )

All the best
Barbara

William

William Report 4 Jun 2008 10:21

Hello Angela and welcome.
I think I have found your dads birth entry.
Thomas J Blades mothers maiden name Allen, April-may-jun quarter of 1949, registration district middlesbro', volume 1B Page number 1065.
Assuming your dad does not have his birth certificate this can be ordered online for a fee of £7.
It is a full birth certificate which is more detailed imo.
From that you should get his mothers and fathers full names, which helps when looking further back.
Sorry I have not been much help, good luck to you and your dad.

William

Lindylu

Lindylu Report 4 Jun 2008 10:22

If you find the marriage certificate for Thomas Blades and Doris Allen to confirm what their fathers were called and take it from there.

Diane

Diane Report 4 Jun 2008 10:26

When was your dad's oldest brother born?

Libby

Victor

Victor Report 4 Jun 2008 10:43

Angela

I have searched the marriage register between Jan 1940 and Dec 1950 and I cannot see a marriage for a Thomas Blades to an Allen.

Victor

Lindylu

Lindylu Report 4 Jun 2008 11:00

Well done Soph - I'm having a blonde day today!

Cheryl

Cheryl Report 4 Jun 2008 11:12

Hi Soph

Well done I couldn't find it!!!!!

Cheryl

Angela

Angela Report 13 Jun 2008 10:56

thankyou all for trying to help me, its brill, soph i've never heard of a pauline blades id like to find out for sure though, but how?, im sending off for thomas and doris's marriage cert, so will that have thier perants names on there? thankyou all - angie

Paul

Paul Report 15 Dec 2022 18:30

hi Angela,

I may be able to help with that

i know this thread is old but are you still active on here

Paul

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 15 Dec 2022 18:47

Welcome to Genes and the Boards.

Unfortunately Angela is no longer a member of Genes so no message will be sent.

Names