Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Alfred Bolton

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maurice

Maurice Report 11 Jan 2009 21:03

Need info on my mothers (Muriel) father Alfred Bolton, can only find marriage listed as BOTTON 1915 2nd qrt Strood Kent 2A 1814 when he married my grand Lily May Townsend

Ericthered

Ericthered Report 11 Jan 2009 21:08

If that's the right marriage, purchase the cert, to find out his age......and his father's name and occupation.

Maurice

Maurice Report 11 Jan 2009 21:22

Marriage certificate 23 May 1915 Alfred Bolton Aged 26 Batchelor - Cellar-man - 14 Five Ash Road - Father John Bolton - Brass Moulder

Can't find his birth

Ericthered

Ericthered Report 11 Jan 2009 21:23

Where have you looked?

Ericthered

Ericthered Report 11 Jan 2009 21:27

Births Mar 1888 (>99%)
BOLTON Alfred Hexham 10b 308

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Births Dec 1888 (>99%)
BOLTON Alfred Blackburn 8e 427
BOLTON Alfred Marylebone 1a 621
BOLTON Alfred James St Saviour 1d 412

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Births Mar 1889 (>99%)
Bolton Alfred William Clitheroe 8e 315

Births Sep 1889 (>99%)
Bolton Alfred James Chepstow 11a 4

Births Dec 1889 (>99%)
Bolton Alfred Woolwich 1d 1240a
Bolton Alfred James Barnsley 9c 170

Maurice

Maurice Report 11 Jan 2009 21:40

I search findmypast.com and then take pot luck as I don't have any info from the family as my surving uncle can't even remember his dads name!!!

Maurice

Maurice Report 5 Feb 2009 16:32

Ericthered thanks for your info regarding the births. On the BOLTON Alfred Marylebone 1a 621 the cerfificate states father as John Bolton and a Brass Moulder so fair chance same bloke!! So I now have my great grand mothers name as Hannah Higgins so I will now try tracking thier family down. Thanks again for your help