Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

James Alexander

James Alexander Report 12 Feb 2009 11:43

What a mind field!!!!! LOL … my name is James Bolton and I am just starting out on this road and am not sure where to start!

Born in Scotland, Irvine 1963. Lived at 12 Sandra place salt coats Ayrshire. One of five brothers Robert, Derek, Gary, me, Stephen. Mother Rena Bolton, (formally Hepburn or Alan or Lawson not sure) dad Robert McCullock me and my brothers moved to live in a children’s home in Harrogate around 1965. My Granddad, (dad’s) James Alexander Bolton, grandmother Whinny? Grandmother on mum’s side Mary or Margaret granddad not known?
Known others … aunties
Joan 83 - Living
Pearl - deceased
Alice - living

Known others … Uncles
Bill

Other family members but not sure which side
Edward - think dad
George - think dad
Paul
Rose
Lillian
… Price - (think link to mum) Thomas Edwin Price
Annie Price
Wilfred Price
… Hall - think link to mum

Am trying more to find my mum formally Hepburn Lawson or Alan long long story why her last name is unclear adopted married just a couple of reasons.

Any help at all please contact me

Kind regards

James

Sheila

Sheila Report 12 Feb 2009 12:18

Hi

Do you know why you where born in Irvine Scotland, but placed in a home in Harrowgate, did the family move to England ?

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 12 Feb 2009 12:38

can you please delete your mine field off Surnames!!! duplicate posts are not allowed - they cause confusion

Thanks, Ann

sadieh33

sadieh33 Report 14 Feb 2009 06:42

Hi James,
There s a Mary Bolton b:1821 d: 1864 in my tree. She was born in Ripon NthYorkhire and married a Thomas Musgrove 1826-1893. He was born in Masham. Died in Great Ouseburn. I don't have anythig else on her, but a fair amount on his family. Probably not your lot but I know how frustrating it can be and thought it might be worth a look. Let me know if you want to see my tree.
All the best
Helen