Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Bolton Mystery

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 27 Mar 2010 01:11

HELP please. We have Jonathon Bolton b 1813 Leicestershire England. Came to Tasmania 1837 with 51st Regiment of Foot. Discharged and went to Norfolk Is 1845. M July 1850 Norfolk Is Annie Jane Smith. Returned to Tasmania 1855 then to Williamstown Victoria. Jonathon d 1870. His death cert shows parents as William Bolton and Kezia Baker who must have both been b in the late 1700's to be correct. The only William and Kezia that I can find as a couple show on the 1901 English census both born in the 1850's. As Kezia is such an uncommon name, the 1901 census or the death cert do not add up. Any ideas please.
John B

Quoy

Quoy Report 27 Mar 2010 02:01

Hi found this
1841 Census
ame: Kezia Bolton
Estimated birth year: abt 1786
Where born: Leicestershire, England
Civil parish: Bowden Magna
Hundred: Gartree
County/Island: Leicestershire
Street Address:

View image
Registration district: Market Harborough
Sub-registration district: Harborough
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members:
Name Age
William Bolton 65
Kezia Bolton 55
John Bolton 20
Sarah Bolton 13
James Bolton 11

there is a tree on Ancestry which list Johnathan 1812
Henry 1814
Joseph 1817
with the above

John

John Report 28 Mar 2010 06:51

Thanks Quoy, That seems to answer my query.
The dates and birthplace are right. I will have to look at the brothers to see if that William and Kezia in the 1950's are relevant or another family altogether. Regards John