Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Bolton

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lianne

Lianne Report 25 Jun 2007 12:38

Trying to find information of the Bolton family who lived in Oldham (in particular the Royton area (Turf Lane) during the 1940/50's) My paternal grandmother was Dorothy Bolton (b.1923 in Royton) and she was the youngest child of John William Bolton and Hanna Mills (both born around 1880). There were at least 6 other siblings that we know of for definite but we think there are more (Hannah, Annie, Hilda, Janie, John, Ethel). The family was Methodist with John and Hannah being married in St Andrews Church in 1903. Theor marriage certificate lists John's father as James Bolton and Hannah's as Moses Mills. The family were all mill workers as far as I know. My Grandmother Dorothy was married in 1956 to William Nugent (also in a Methodist Church in Oldham). They then subsequently moved to Liverpool (where my Grandfather was from). Dorothy already had a daughter (father unknown) at the time of her marriage to my grandfather and he brought her up as his own. They subsequently had my father in 1958. Unfortunately my Granadmother never kept in contact with her family in Oldham after she moved to Liverpool. She died in 1996 in Liverpool and so I have no relatives to gain information from on her side of the family. Anyone recognising any of this info please get in touch. thanks Lianne Nugent

Lianne

Lianne Report 2 Jul 2008 14:09

nudge

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 2 Jul 2008 14:16

Have you tried checking the 'search trees' option?