Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Kitty V Boyd c1926-1932

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Katie

Katie Report 4 May 2008 21:06

Kitty V Boyd. Born c1929. Could be up to 10 years either side of this birth year. Birmingham/West Midlands areas.
Kitty is possibly short for Katherine/Kathleen/Katie etc.

Can anyone help??!!

My step-dad was adopted in 1946. No papers were signed. He was just handed over at Selly Oak hospital a few hours old. His adopted mother was in the hospital after just giving birth to a still-born child.

Kitty was young,around 16 we think, and felt she couldnt cope with a baby. So gave him away.

We have no information that can help us locate any relatives.

If anyone has a similar name in their tree we would love to hear from you. Please get in touch.

Thank you.
Kate :o)

Christopher

Christopher Report 4 May 2008 21:16

Name: Kitty V Boyd
Year of Registration: 1919
Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun
Mother's Maiden Name: Arden
District: Hastings (1837-1977)
County: Sussex
Volume: 2b
Page: 43

there is this one.

Katie

Katie Report 5 May 2008 20:35

Thank You Christopher.

I have no idea if thats the one or not. Im hoping someone has a similar name in there tree that knows of this story.

I just found out this all took place in Selly Oak hospital,Selly Oak, Birmingham.

Do you know what steps I could take next?