Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The marriage of Matthew Boyd

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anne

Anne Report 4 Mar 2009 19:50

I'm trying to find details of the marriage in Liverpool of Matthew Boyd to Elizabeth Knowles. I was always told they married in the 1930's, but having spent a small fortune I've discovered that they didn't.

Is there anywhere I can search through the 40's to find if they married later than this? They didn't have children so I can't even trace the marriage through them.

Artbeat

Artbeat Report 4 Mar 2009 19:54

Anne i will take a look, back soon.

richard

LanarkshireLassie

LanarkshireLassie Report 4 Mar 2009 19:59

Hello Anne.

I think the time span that you are looking for, is not available to view.

If you post your details again, using the time, area, and names looked for, some of the peeps here, if living locally, might be able to point you in the right direction.

Cheers

Gail

Anne

Anne Report 4 Mar 2009 20:04

It's my husbands family so I'm only going on hearsay but I know they weren't married in 1934, but was told that they married in the 1930's. It can't have been too late in the 1940's as my husband and his cousin would have remembered a family wedding.

It would have been the registration district of West Derby, and that's all I know.

Artbeat

Artbeat Report 4 Mar 2009 20:16

Here you go anne

Matthew boyd married elizabeth knowles sep q1939 liverpool s vol 8b page 342.

richard

Anne

Anne Report 4 Mar 2009 23:19

Thanks for that Richard, much appreciated.