Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Boyd

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marlene

Marlene Report 9 Jun 2007 05:03

Hi, I am trying to locate my great grandfather Robert Boyd (c.1865) Killyman, Co. Tyrone, Nth Ireland, who married Margaret Hill (c. 1870) at Stewartstown. They conceived Allan Boyd (1888) & Jane Boyd (1889) Dungannon before moving to Greenock, Renfrewshire, Scotland where Robert was a Shipyard labourer. Further family born in Greenock were: Robert Boyd(14/02/1894), Margaret Boyd (6/3/1896), Elizabeth Boyd (18/12/1899), James Boyd (1/10/1901) Julia Boyd (1902) Married name:Julia Scott of Dundee, & William Boyd (1907). Robert Boyd Snr disappeared from Greenock abt 1913. No death cert' found in Scot'/ Ireland. At the time, a same name person went by ship to USA (? Boston). If you are connected to Robert Boyd of Killiman near Dungannon, please contact Marlene Boyd, thanks.

Lilian

Lilian Report 5 Feb 2008 15:01

Hi there
I have a Margaret Boyd who appears to be married to a John Hunter from County Down. They were married in Dumbarton in 1865. Margaret and John had a daughter Barbara who is on my tree (with proof). I have no birth dates for Margaret.Her parents on her marriage certificate are Archibald Boyd and Elizabeth Dunshee.
In the census Margaret can be found living in Old Kilpatrick.
The difficulty is that your family is scattered and there are thousands (or seems like) Boyds around. I too would like to trace more of the Margaret Boyd on my family.
Maybe this will help.
Lilian