Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Brewer

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Michelle

Michelle Report 13 Nov 2006 09:36

I am trying to find my father , My birth parents were George Brooks and Amy Brewer, I was born in Brecon in 1936 . My parents were very young and never married although I believe both families tried to work something out however nothing was resolved ,I was told my fathers parents wanted to keep me but my grandmother wouldn't hear of it , she was a very well respected women in Brecon and she decided to bring me up on her own, so her daughter could still have a life of her own My grandmothers name was Lily Brewer, she was married to Alan Brewer. After my mother gave birth to me she stayed in Brecon for a couple of years then moved to Liverpool when I was two. When my mother moved to Liverpool she worked as a nurse in a childrens hospital , I was brought up by my grandmother Lily Brewer in Brecon till I was reunited with my mother at the age of 14, by then she had married to a navel officer by the name of Alfred William Cheesewright , better known as Bill Cheesewright Bill was to become my stepfather. I have always wanted to find my real father but didn't want to up set my parents when they were alive , both have now passed away... and I feel its time for me to search for my real father and siblings, I only hope it is not to late .......I only have a bit of information about my real father ,I know his name was George Brooks, his parents had a dance studio in LLandod in Wales eventually he married a woman called Betty and I believe they had children of their own . I would dearly love to find my father if he is still alive and my half brothers and sisters...... can any one help