Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Bullock

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa

Lisa Report 8 Sep 2006 18:20

Hi, I am pleading for any help from you kind hearted folk out there!! I am researching the Bullock family of Bilston ,Staffs for a close friend. In particular Benjamin Bullock and his family. However afteter searching the 1901, 1891 and 1881 census, i am left VERY confused by what i found. Take a look for yourselves: 1901 CENSUS: Benjamin Bullock, 53, Head, Born: Bilston Jane Bullock, 50, Wife, Born: London, Middlesex Harold Bullock, 8, son, Harry Bullock, 11, son James Bullock, 5, son Joseph Bullock, 7, son Frederick Siddons, 17, son Joseph Siddons, 5, Son (Note the doubling up of names of the children and the 'siddons' surname') 1891 CENSUS: Benjamin Bullock, 41, Head, Born: Bilston Jane Bullock, 36, Wife, Born: London, Middlesex Ben Bullock, 9, son Benjamin Bullock, 10, son Frederick Bullock, 7, son George Bullock, 15, son Hannah Bullock, 7 days, daughter Harry Bullock, 1, son John Bullock, 17, son (Again, we have a ben and a benjamin ?????!!???) 1881 CENSUS: Benjamin Siddons, 28, head, Born: Bilston Jane Siddons, 28, Wife, Born: London, Middlesex George, 5, Son Jonah, 3, son William, 8, son Ok so there it is ....can ANYONE shed ANY light on this for me and my friend? WHY the change of name? WHY so many children over a span of 30 years? WHY do some of the children have the same names? I am sure some one out there has a perfectly simple explaination that i obviously cannot see. PLEASE help!!!!!!!! Regards Lisa Byard xxxx

Patricia Ann

Patricia Ann Report 2 Apr 2019 14:42

Hello, my grandfather was Joseph Siddons, who was aged 5 on the 1901 census, his own mother, Clara Walker had died when he was 2 years old & his father, George Siddons had, we think, joined the army & left Joseph to be raised with grandmother, Jane Bullock (nee Siddons) Her first husband was Benjamin Siddons, they married in 1875, either he died or they divorced in later years as in 1889 she married Benjamin Bullock, his first wife, Agnes, having died in 1884. This explains the duplication of names within the now combined Siddons/Bullock family with Jane's children and grandson still retaining the surname of Siddons.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 2 Apr 2019 15:07

The thread to which you have added was posted over 12 years ago, and it's unlikely that Lisa will expect a response now - especially as she posted only once, and is, in fact, no longer a member.