Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Timothy Burke

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lois

Lois Report 26 Apr 2008 01:43

Timothy Burke is my gggrandfather. He was married to a Bridget Murphy Sept. Qtr. 1852, Lewisham. They lived at 23 Rope Yard Rails, Woolwich in 1862 when my ggrandmother Julia was born. Registration District is Greenwich and sub-district is Woolwich Arsenal. Any info would be appreciated. I do believe that they were illiterate as Bridget signed Julia's birth cert. with an X.
Many thanks again.
Lois

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 26 Apr 2008 02:09

So where are we looking, his parents?

Lois

Lois Report 26 Apr 2008 03:37

yes looking for his family.....believe he was born in Ireland c 1820

wyn

wyn Report 28 Apr 2008 11:26

Hi I have Mary Burke born in Ireland had a child Elizabeth Burke 1847 in Liverpool Mary was not married.. In 1851 census Mary and Elizabeth were lodging with Patrick Murphy 26 Mary 28 Joseph 6 Ellen 4 Mary Ann 1 they lived at 7 Lime Killane Liverpool. Hope there maybe a connextion

Regards Wyn

Lois

Lois Report 28 Apr 2008 15:22

Hi Wyn,
Sorry but I have not found any connection to Liverpool..Everything I have takes place in Woolwich, Greenwich or Lewisham.
I thank you though,
Lois