Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Searching for my half brother and sister

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Wendy

Wendy Report 31 Jan 2010 14:13

I am searching for my half brother and sister both younger than me I was born 1943,I understand my father George William Burke bn 1900, had affairs with 2 women,I do not know their names unfortunately ,I would guess towards the end of the 2nd war, I was told he supported the boy but not the girl! WE lived in the Acton area of London so I guess they would have come from or not far away from there, has any one any idea how I might find out about them ,he worked at Dubiliers at that time, no idea of their names or the mothers

Mark

Mark Report 31 Jan 2010 14:14

Hi. Have you put your brother/sisters names in the box at the top of this page.. maybe someone else has them in their tree - if they are not actually members on here themselfs

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 31 Jan 2010 14:31

If you don't know their mother's surnames it will be difficult to find them.

If your father supported the boy you may possibly find a record of the maintenance order in your local archives in the Magistrates Court Records, but it would probably involve a lot of reading through the records if you don't have an exact date.

Kath. x

Wendy

Wendy Report 31 Jan 2010 16:15

I do not know the names of either mother or the 2 children, I guess I am flogging a dead horse as they say

Gemerald

Gemerald Report 31 Jan 2010 16:51

If your father was named on their birth certificates, their births may be registered under both your fathers surname and the mothers maiden name ~ I'm not sure what year they started doing this though?

If your fathers surname was an uncommon one, you could try searching for births under that name in the right area/time frame.
No good, if your father was a Jones or Smith though!