Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Zoe Burke

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Zoe

Zoe Report 27 Feb 2007 02:00

Can anybody tell me about any burkes, from merthyr tydfil, south wales?

Elieen

Elieen Report 4 Nov 2007 14:50

hi zoe my grandad we think might of come from merthyr tydfil he was called anthony burke born in 1902. i no he had brothers that was born a round there to a timothy born 1905 and peter burke born 1904 and there parents was called thomas and mary burke and they can from ireland to wales in the late 1890s or early 1990s i no they had 11 children 10 sons and i daughter most of the children was born in ireland. dont no if this is the burkes you are looking for im trying to do my family tree and im stuck on the burke side as my grandad didnt speak a lot about his family

trishcurtis

trishcurtis Report 4 Nov 2007 17:02

Hi Found a Thomas Burke on 1901 census wife Mary Ann he was b Ireland she in Wales kids aged from 12 to 1 all born Merthyr Tidfil (they are boarders with another family. named Hennessy) Children are John 12 Thomas 10 Timothy 8 Nicholas 1

possible marriage

Thomas Burke and Mary Ann Brodick 1887july-Sept vol 11a page 732 Merthyr Tidfil

couldn't find the other children you mentioned Eileen
Timothy Peter and Anthony where were they born?

NOT RELATED Pat