Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Burke

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barbara

Barbara Report 25 Jun 2005 21:09

Wonder whether anyone can help. I am searching for information on my g.g. grandmother, Bridget Ann Burke, who was born in Cork, Ireland, about 1839-40. I believe she had a brother who was an admiral in the Navy. She married my g.g. grandfather, Richard William Cooke, but I have no information regarding where or when they got married. They had three children that I know of - Ellen (b.1865, my g.grandmother), Al (Alice?), and Katherine (Kate), but there were probably more. In 1865 they lived in South Lambeth. I believe that Kate lived in Southsea in the 1920s. Bridget died in 1921 in Clapham Junction, aged 82. All I know of Richard Cooke is that one of his parents was of French origin. Richard left Bridget for someone else and had another family, but I have no information about this other family, other than I think they lived in the Clapham/Lambeth area of London. If anyone can help with any of the above it would be great to hear from you. Thanks.