Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Burke

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gloria

Gloria Report 31 Dec 2002 11:33

ARE YOU A BOXING FAN. Do you have information on JACK BURKE'THE IRISH LAD'Born 10/09/1861 Killarney Ireland Died 30/60/1897 Cheltenham If you have this famous bare knuckle fighter in your family tree? or know information on him please contact me He holds the record for the Longest Bare Knuckle and fought a lot in the US 1880/90's. He then became the owner of The Florence Tavern in Islington London. I would love to hear from you as he was my GG uncle on my Dad side His Brother Dave (MyGGF) was also a boxer. He then went on to become a fish porter at Billingsgate, as was my Dad his brother John, also his brother Danny had a fish shop in Purley and Peckham, lots of his cousin also worked in the market. Other names include REYNOLDS, HORIGAN, They lived in Stepney London

PIGLET1962

PIGLET1962 Report 30 Sep 2007 18:34

not sure if there is a connection , but my grandfathers name is Patrick Joesph Burke born 29/09/1905 & married a Margaret Sunderland born 20/01/1910.They came from ireland & my grandfathers side use to do Boxing!
Not sure of any1s name, etc but if you know my grandfather then we may have some link?
please reply
Adele