Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Callaghan

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 14 Jun 2004 15:39

I am trying to trace records of the parents of my paternal grandfather Francis Callaghan, who I think was born in the 1880's in Glasgow and worked as a publican in Hutchesonton, Glasgow. He was married to Jane Martin (my grandmother), and they were first cousins. They had three children Peter, Martin Callaghan (my father) as well as Annie and Rosa Callaghan, who were all born in Hutchesonton in Glasgow. My father, Peter left Britain as he was in the Arygyll and Sutherland Highlanders, to fight in India and China. He eventually arrived in South Africa and married my mother Jean Stuart. If anyone knows anything of this branch of the Callaghan family I would be grateful for any information.