Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Inverness and Glasgow Camerons

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christine

Christine Report 24 Mar 2008 09:15

Does anyone recognise this line?

John Cameron and Isabella McTavish from Inverness.

Their son Duncan b c1800 d 25/12/1872 married Ann McDonald b c1811 d 15/1/1884 (parents Alexander McDonald and Catherine Stewart) from Laggan. Duncan was a Chelsea Pensioner and they were in Glasgow from 1851. Children Alexander, Duncan, John.

Alexander Cameron married Mary Reilly and had a son Angus Cameron b 1864 in Chatham. I think Alexander was a soldier and died before 1871 as Angus was with his grandparents from the 1871 census onwards. I have absolutely no information on Mary Reilly.

Ann's death was registered in 1884 by son Duncan who lived at 56 Cornwall Street, Glasgow at the time.

I have no other information on their children.

Angus Cameron was also a soldier and he married Catherine Finlay in Cork in 1890. They lived in Glasgow and had the following children: Alexander b c1893 in England, Angus b 1893 in Glasgow, Gilbert b 1894 in Glasgow, Duncan b 1899 in Glasgow, John b 1901 in Glasgow, Lily b 1905 in Glasgow.

Lily married Joseph Mcginty in 1926 and died in 1938.

Lily was my grandmother and the family story is that her family fell out with her when she married my grandfather.

I have not made any contacts on my grandmother's line and would love to correspond with any Cameron relatives. I would also be really grateful if anyone has any more information.

Thanks in advance.

Chris