Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Duncan Cameron

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alexis

Alexis Report 28 Feb 2009 01:39

Duncan Cameron, born about 1774 in Scotland, was my relative. He came to Canada sometime before 1832. Early Canada Census records show him living with "Peggy" also born about the same time in Scotland. I am trying to find where he came from and his earlier family, but I am having difficulty tracing his ancestors. Any ideas?
There are numerous Duncan Cameron listed on ScotlandsPeople - how would I know which one might be mine?

Diddydoris

Diddydoris Report 28 Feb 2009 02:34

This is the only one showing up on IGI for 1774

IGI Individual Record FamilySearchâ„¢ International Genealogical Index v5.0
British Isles
Search Results | Download | Print

DUNCAN CAMERON Pedigree
Male

Event(s):
Birth:
09 OCT 1774 Kilmallie, Argyll, Scotland
Christening:
Death:
Burial:

Parents:
Father: DUNCAN CAMERON Family
Mother: MARGRET CAMERON

Extracted birth or christening record for the locality listed in the record. The source records are usually arranged chronologically by the birth or christening date.

Source Information:
Batch No.: Dates: Source Call No.: Type: Printout Call No.: Type:
C115202 1773 - 1823 1041070 Film 6900458 Film
Sheet: 00

Vicci

Vicci Report 28 Feb 2009 07:49

if the Argyll connection is right then this might be his marriage
NB Peggy is a nickname for Margaret

DUNCAN CAMERON Pedigree
Male Family

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Event(s):
Birth:
Christening:
Death:
Burial:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marriages:
Spouse: MARGARET MACVORRAN Family
Marriage: 20 MAY 1809 Kildalton, Argyll, Scotland

Extracted marriage record for locality listed in the record. The source records are usually arranged chronologically by the marriage date.

Source Information:
Batch No.: Dates: Source Call No.: Type: Printout Call No.: Type:

M115414 1723 -

Are you able to find him on any passenger lists or natualization records ???