Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

CAMERON OF STELLARTON, NOVA SCOTIA, CANADA

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Chelmerfella

Chelmerfella Report 15 Aug 2009 20:05

My mother Ivy Irene Spain (b.1929) travelled to Canada in the late 1940's, she married a Cameron. From the marriage Ronald Scott was born in 1949 in Canada and Malcolm Sidney was born in London in 1950. I'm not sure if the husband accompanied Ivy back to the UK but I know they were divorced a while after as Ivy married my father in November 1955. I'm trying to find information on Ron and Malcolm's father and have drawn a blank for years. Ivy (my mum) had a lady friend in Stellarton, Nova Scotia of whom she wrote to for many many years during my early years as a child, her name was Esther Cameron but I'm almost sure this was her maiden name. This is all the info. I can provide, my mum and Esther passed away many years ago and neither of my half brothers remember their father. Can any of you lovely people help even if it's the faintest memory, I would be very much obliged.

Suzi-Wong

Suzi-Wong Report 15 Aug 2009 20:13

Ivy I Spain
Spouse Surname: Cameron
Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1947
Registration district: West Ham
Registration county (inferred): Essex
Volume Number: 5a
Page Number: 1772

If you get this marriage certificate you will get father's name and his age at marriage.

Suzanne

Suzi-Wong

Suzi-Wong Report 15 Aug 2009 20:14

Spouse name is George S Cameron.

Suzanne

Chelmerfella

Chelmerfella Report 16 Aug 2009 14:26

Thanks for that Suzi, I did actually find the entry myself after posting my original message, I had thought for many years that the marriage took place in Canada and silly old me did not think for one minute that the marriage could have taken place in the UK...lol. I will take your advice and obtain a copy of the marriage certificate, I know the information from this document will open some more doors and assist in solving a mystery which has bugged me for years. Thanks once again :-)

mgnv

mgnv Report 16 Aug 2009 21:40

Stellarton is just outside New Glasgow in Pictou County. For NS BMDs, see:
http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/genealogy/022-906.001-e.html

For 1901/1911 census, see:
http://automatedgenealogy.com/census/index.html