Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hugh Cameron 1914...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Darren

Darren Report 22 Feb 2010 20:13

I am hoping someone can help me!
I am searching for the descendents of Hugh and Helen Cameron (my great-uncle and aunt). All I have to go on is that Hugh was born 28 July 1914 in Gorbals, Glasgow, and he and Helen had 2 children. Their names were Robert and Helen by all accounts. My auntie used to be in contact with them but that was years ago and I haven't had contact with my aunt to ask any more questions as she is always very busy.
Unfortunately that is it! Not much to go on. I've placed an ad in the Glasgow Evening Times but even that hasn't generated any replies.
Anyone have any idea on what my next step should be?

Darren Cameron

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 22 Feb 2010 20:25

If Hugh married and his children were born in Scotland you need to look on Scotlandspeople to try to get possible addresses as most of the Old Gorbals was demolished in the 1960s. Better still, if you can visit the Scotlandspeople Centre in Edinburgh as you can view more recent certificates there and it only costs £10 to search all day.

Darren

Darren Report 23 Feb 2010 09:21

That's the problem. I work 6 days a week and have an 11 month old son, so popping to Scotland for the day isn't really an option as I live in Bristol and don't drive :-(
And Scotlandspeople is great - until you have to pay to see results!