Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Cameron Robert b halkirk, caithness c.1806

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bruce

Bruce Report 25 Aug 2010 11:44

father Alexander m margaret backley

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 25 Aug 2010 11:56

Do you have a question please? Are you looking for something or someone please?

Mike *

Mike * Report 25 Aug 2010 12:00

Bruce the first thread on the board is there for you to read if you are unsure how to post a question.

People would react better to having enough info to work on plus a few manners thrown in.

Bruce

Bruce Report 25 Aug 2010 22:32

looking for confirmation on Alexander, their son Robert who m to Janet Sinclair and any one chasing descendants please.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 25 Aug 2010 23:26

not quite understanding - what is Alexander's surname please?

Bruce

Bruce Report 26 Aug 2010 23:38

I do remember finding OPR record for marriage of Alexander to Margaret Backley??or could it be Margaret------- (from Backley) and that was Aug 1804. I also found the marriage of Robert to Janet Sinclair but the only Janet i could find in births would have made her about 12 years old? could that be right? Thanks again for all the help

Kath

Kath Report 27 Aug 2010 07:16

Hi Bruce,
I think this is Robert & Janet's first child, (If she was born just before their marriage) so if they used the Scottish naming pattern, it is possible that Janet's mother would be Eliza/Elizabeth

ELIZA CAMERON Pedigree
Female

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Event(s):
Birth:
Christening: 29 FEB 1832 Reay, Caithness, Scotland

Death:
Burial:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Parents:
Father: ROBT. CAMERON Family
Mother: JANET SINCLAIR

Extracted birth or christening record for the locality listed in the record. The source records are usually arranged chronologically by the birth or christening date.

Do you know all their children's names please as it can help to track down the correct parents for Robert.

Kath

Bruce

Bruce Report 27 Aug 2010 12:35

I think that Eliza was the first and only one. I have checked census in that area and also found that mum and dau, close matches, were house servants to sheriff of thurso. thanks for your suggestions..I reckon theres a good chance that she came from James sinclair and Johanna mackay.