Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Heck, its hard! CAMERON

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tanya

Tanya Report 30 Dec 2010 21:25

Ive just started doing my tree and Im already finding it difficult! I am trying to get any information I can on my Dads side of the family and Im already struggling with his grandparents! I know they were Robert and Ella born in Scotland but have no clue of dates of birth/death. My Dads father was also Robert, born in Edinburgh and had a brother Douglas. Any help would be very much appreciated!

Joy

Joy Report 30 Dec 2010 21:28

The site to use for Scottish research is
http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/

Happy hunting :-)

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 30 Dec 2010 21:29

Calm down - let's have the surname for starters!!!!

Tanya

Tanya Report 30 Dec 2010 21:32

Sorry, I thought I put Cameron in the title when I posted??

ellieathome

ellieathome Report 30 Dec 2010 21:36

Would they appear on the 1901 Scotish census.No idea of birth dates.

Ellen

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 30 Dec 2010 21:38

can you give us a rough idea of dates? how old is your Dad for starters - that might help

Tanya

Tanya Report 30 Dec 2010 21:39

I have absolutely no idea! My Grandad was born roughly 1923 but I have nothing on his parents

Tanya

Tanya Report 30 Dec 2010 21:40

Ella was a Cameron by marriage and I have no idea of her maiden name

Joy

Joy Report 30 Dec 2010 21:59

Have you tried looking in the site that I gave?

Tanya

Tanya Report 30 Dec 2010 22:02

Ive registered and Im waiting for the confirmation email. I cant seem to look at anything without registering?

Catherine

Catherine Report 30 Dec 2010 22:09

There is no Robert Cameron & Ella - (Normally shortened version of another name) on SP. May need to order birth certs and work backwards.

Catherine

Tanya

Tanya Report 30 Dec 2010 22:10

Thank you for your help.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 30 Dec 2010 22:13

I have an Aunt Ella - that's her given name - not short for anything

Catherine

Catherine Report 30 Dec 2010 23:08

I have checked Eleanor, there are 3 but much later than would fit. I also looked at Ellen and Elizabeth, but too many results. They maybe amongst these. If anyone else has any suggestions on the name Ella I will look them up.

Regards

Catherine

Tanya

Tanya Report 31 Dec 2010 15:35

As far as Im aware she was just Ella.

MaureeninNY

MaureeninNY Report 31 Dec 2010 15:52

Do you know if your grandfather (Robert) or his brother Douglas had middle names?

Did Robert or Douglas marry in Scotland?

Maureen

Catherine

Catherine Report 31 Dec 2010 17:12

I searched Douglas Cameron born Edin. between 1912 & 1930, there are only 2. There are 25 Roberts born in the same time period.

1 1918 CAMERON DOUGLAS DAVID M CRAMOND EDINBURGH CITY/MIDLOTHIAN 679/00 0048 No Image
2 1919 CAMERON JAMES DOUGLAS M CORSTORPHINE EDINBURGH CITY/MIDLOTHIAN 678/00 0019 No Image

Regards

Catherine