Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Cameron

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Liz

Liz Report 29 Sep 2005 15:27

I have a problem with Isabella Fyfe CAMERON. Born 1862, two months after her very respectable parents' marriage and in a different part of Scotland (Glasgow) from where they lived (Johnstone, nr Paisley). They were Alexander CAMERON b 1835 m 1862 to Margaret FYFE b 1837. He was a teacher and solid churchgoer. eventually headmaster at the Gorbals school. Isabella Fyfe then disappears from the records as far as I can see. The couple's other children who died all have have death certificates. They did have a daughter later who was also named Isabella. I suspect the first Isabella might have been adopted, perhaps privately, but it seems impossible to find any record. Any suggestions?