Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Cameron

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Stephen

Stephen Report 7 May 2005 13:13

I am tryig to find any history or links to my mother-in-law Letitia Woolage Cameron she was born in Glasgow in 1922 her mothers maiden name was Myria Reid she died when Letita was a young child and her fathers name was Ronald Cameron he re married Catherine Forbes Cameron and he died in Sept 1944 aged 49 the address on the death certificate is 431 Paisley Road West,Glasgow.She spent her childhood with her grandmother in Spittal at 23 East Street Her name i think was Annie Cameron. Another address I have in Berwick is 1,Springdale, Tweedmouth. T D 15 2DDand the letters are signed 'JOEY' her full name was Josephine Melrose and she called my mother in law 'CAM' In the letters that I have Joey mentions Micheal and Sally calling their daughter Nicola Margaret Reid.
I have loads more imformation but i hope this will be enough to get some answers .She joined the WRAF during the second world war and married in 1947 and moved to Essex. she had 4 children but she died in 1975.Joey died in 1980 I recieved this info in a letter i found from her cousin (Letty) Mrs Hill of Kames East Mains Coldstream Berwickshire. They were both in the WRAF in the second world war. Her grandmother who i beleve looking at 1924 electrol roll for Berwick-on-Tweed lived at 23 East Street Spittal at the mouth of theTweed and that Letita went to school in Spittal from about the age of 7and she used to talk about swimming in the Tweed as a child and after visiting the area i think it is the right area